Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

$19 fares BWI/BOS; easy way to get 2 A+ credits for $4.60

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist

To compete with the JetBlue intro fare of $19+tax each way from BOS-BWI (or vice versa), AirTran has lowered their alread low fares to match.

Each way is $29.60 all-in on the dates that have the $19 fare available. Match each one-way up with a ubiquitous $25 off coupon (you can easily google this to find out more) and the fare is discounted to $4.60. Register ahead of time for the double credits through December promotion, and voila...a pair of A+ credits for only $4.60.

Looks like lots of availability in Sept and Oct.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
To compete with the JetBlue intro fare of $19+tax each way from BOS-BWI (or vice versa), AirTran has lowered their alread low fares to match.

Each way is $29.60 all-in on the dates that have the $19 fare available. Match each one-way up with a ubiquitous $25 off coupon (you can easily google this to find out more) and the fare is discounted to $4.60. Register ahead of time for the double credits through December promotion, and voila...a pair of A+ credits for only $4.60.

Looks like lots of availability in Sept and Oct.

Yes, that would be great if it would work. I have been trying all day long and the $25 off coupon does not work. I believe they have fixed there system so it only works on florida flights.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I had to call in and have a rep ticket for me ... it was no problem (and had nothing to do with the Florida restriction...in fact, after I gave the rep my codes, she only saw the restrictions related to purchase-by date and fly-by date).

The issue is the base fare being below the discount amount....which necessitated the call. In one call, the rep was able to book a roundtrip for me and apply 2 discount codes for $50 off.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
I had to call in and have a rep ticket for me ... it was no problem (and had nothing to do with the Florida restriction...in fact, after I gave the rep my codes, she only saw the restrictions related to purchase-by date and fly-by date).

The issue is the base fare being below the discount amount....which necessitated the call. In one call, the rep was able to book a roundtrip for me and apply 2 discount codes for $50 off.

I am surprised they would book it for such a cheap amount. I wish I would have thought about that.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Failing to see these fares ex-BWI. Do you have any dates that you're still seeing them on? Ideally I'm looking at Sat AM MR's, but can do mid-week as well, as long as it's an immediate turn around.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:29 am
Original Poster

I think they are gone...back to $39 as the lowest one-way from what I can see. JetBlue's $19 fares are now gone too...it's all tit-for-tat with these guys.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
fare gone title change please

Can one of the Mods change the title of this thread to include the "fare gone" disclaimer? Nothing like having one's hopes raised prior to dashing them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.