FL 1st qtr report

Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:19 am
Original Poster

FL 1st qtr report

http://pressroom.airtran.com/phoenix...145&highlight=
Old Apr 22, 2009, 8:19 am

In this press release, they are talking up the Milwaukee expansion, but they stop short of saying that it contributed to the 1st quarter profit. It will be interesting to see how their expanded flying does this summer. I believe they are making inroads into the MKE market, and they are following the suggestion of many who said they should grow organically at MKE instead of taking over YX.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 2:34 pm

Good for FL...
I give them nothing but credit for posting a profit in this treacherous market and still keeping fares low.
Truthfully, their service is not much different than the legacy's in the US.

Should be interesting to see how MKE pans out. Not sure if its going to be all they are expecting...
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Good to see FL doing well. If they served GSP, I'd seriously rethink my DL allegiance (except we do fairly regular international trips). I like their business model, as opposed to WN, B6, etc.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 2:06 am

Programs: AA,CO, DL,FL,WN.US
FL is doing well for a lot of reasons, as posted not much difference between them and DL any more, as well as the others. FL, real jets, as RJ's seem to have crept in on almost all DL routes I fly in anyhow except ATL-MCO/TPA
In recent travels where I flew DL (FC) one way and returned on FL business, I can't say I really prefer DL any longer especially considering their policies and fees, plus unhappy employees.Possibly international, but they in most cases take second to the flag carriers, especially LH, just my opinion.FL will keep doing well with the dissatisfaction out there with DL/NW that FL can take advantage of.Go FL!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by tigerpaw580
Possibly international, but they in most cases take second to the flag carriers, especially LH, just my opinion.
I totally agree, but gotta use Skyteam members, don'tcha know. I like KL, but haven't flown them in quite a few years TATL. Steven HATES AF with a passion, so that's out for us. Wish OK flew to ATL!! They're old school, but in a GOOD way. Love their food/beverage presentation in J.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 8:23 pm

Maybe now they will drop the $15 checked bag fee, NOT. I am sure this helped them to the profits they made.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA,CO, DL,FL,WN.US
Maybe they will consider dropping the fees to differentiate themselves, it'd be a great thing! For me, the attitude of the FL employees made the difference(not knocking ALL DL employees, many said,"we are so understaffed, and was told ,we are doing with 4 when we used to have 8 and this can make or break a company.I admit on any flight I do prefer a 764, but I'll do with a 717 in Biz.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by gsupstate
I totally agree, but gotta use Skyteam members, don'tcha know. I like KL, but haven't flown them in quite a few years TATL. Steven HATES AF with a passion, so that's out for us. Wish OK flew to ATL!! They're old school, but in a GOOD way. Love their food/beverage presentation in J.
So fly from GSP to DTW.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by tigerpaw580
Maybe they will consider dropping the fees to differentiate themselves, it'd be a great thing! For me, the attitude of the FL employees made the difference(not knocking ALL DL employees, many said,"we are so understaffed, and was told ,we are doing with 4 when we used to have 8 and this can make or break a company.I admit on any flight I do prefer a 764, but I'll do with a 717 in Biz.
I think the fees are here to stay and would not be surprised to see WN have them in the future.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:13 am

I believe the CEO was interviewed in the AJC today. He said the fees are here to stay. I really don't mind the fees. He also said they are setting their sites on flying to Cuba.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by hazelrah
So fly from GSP to DTW.
Would make it harder to connect at ATL, eh? Does OK serve DTW now?

I like connecting thru ATL because DL puts larger/nicer a/c on the GSP-ATL route than NW has been on the GSP-DTW route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.