Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FL promotion to announce new product

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:29 am
Original Poster

FL promotion to announce new product

FL to reveal new in-flight amenity on May 12th. Any guesses on what the announcement will be?

http://pressroom.airtran.com/phoenix...951&highlight=
Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:22 am

"AirTran Airways Wants To Know: Widgets? Wombats? Waffle Makers"

WWW World Wide Web, inflight Wifi....
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Makes sense. It's probably the most cost-effective amenity that they can add, especially compared to the installation of live TV or something like that.

It can also bring in additional revenue for FL. Any idea what they will charge for the service? Will it vary depending on the length of the flight?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Jersey Mike's Sub Club
Assuming it is Wi-Fi, they're a little late to the game. Virgin America already beat them to the every plane/flight claim, Delta will have it on every domestic flight by this summer, heck, even Southwest will probably have it on every plane before them.

Are they really spending $8 million on this campaign? If so, I really hope it's something much more newsworthy than wi-fi...
Old Apr 20, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AMEX DL Plat
Kind of reminds me of DL's tagline a few years back...

FL: ___________ on every Airtran Flight

DL: Change is __________
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:56 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Yawn. Bring back the Wendy's promo that had everyone dumpster diving for cups.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Jersey Mike's Sub Club
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Yawn. Bring back the Wendy's promo that had everyone dumpster diving for cups.
^^^
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
I heard an advertisement on the radio today that AirTran is giving away 500 tickets from MKE - MSP on Thursday 4/23. I didn't catch all of the specifics but in order to get the free ticket your name must be Saint, Mini, Paul and or you must be a twin to get the free ticket. There might be other names... I just didn't catch all of it. Has anyone else heard this on the radio?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyYX
I heard an advertisement on the radio today that AirTran is giving away 500 tickets from MKE - MSP on Thursday 4/23. I didn't catch all of the specifics but in order to get the free ticket your name must be Saint, Mini, Paul and or you must be a twin to get the free ticket. There might be other names... I just didn't catch all of it. Has anyone else heard this on the radio?
Here is the link, Minnie:

http://www.airtran.com/twincities/
Old Apr 25, 2009, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by flyYX
Did anyone hear how this turned out? I really didn't hear much of anything about it here in Milwaukee. Online I did find a small item from WISN which did mention a pair of twins who were excited to use their tickets for a trip to the Mall of America because "they're too old to drive all the way there". No mention of how many people showed up. Since it only was for people with names Minne, Saint, or Paul, or for twins (with both twins required to show), and since it was for a free ticket to Minneapolis (not some place further away) I am curious what type of response they got.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by knope2001
Did anyone hear how this turned out? I really didn't hear much of anything about it here in Milwaukee. Online I did find a small item from WISN which did mention a pair of twins who were excited to use their tickets for a trip to the Mall of America because "they're too old to drive all the way there". No mention of how many people showed up. Since it only was for people with names Minne, Saint, or Paul, or for twins (with both twins required to show), and since it was for a free ticket to Minneapolis (not some place further away) I am curious what type of response they got.
It was mentioned on Fox 6 and TMJ4 Thursday night... but they did not say how many people showed up. They did show people with smiles on their faces and handing over proof of ID.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
What's BS here is that peeps are just writing "WiFi" no one got on the boat with my "Free WiFi".

No one wants to pay 10 bucks a pop.

-AZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.