FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   "Credits needed to renew status" now showing on website (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/908024-credits-needed-renew-status-now-showing-website.html)

EmoryFlyer Jan 9, 2009 7:09 am

"Credits needed to renew status" now showing on website

This must be brand new. It's telling me I need 12 credits before my status expires on Feb 1, 09 (so it's basically ignoring all my flight activity this past year). Is that happening for anyone else?

HPN-HRL Jan 9, 2009 8:29 am

Same here - I didn't qualify for A+ Elite until after february, but my account also says Feb 1st for a renewal date (the original notice said Feb 1st or 1 year after you qualify).

Additionally, mine also shows 0 credits despite my having flown more than 12 paid flights since qualifying for Elite status.

I'm going to wait until Monday before calling - maybe they will have fixed things by then. (And if not there should be enough time to make sure thay don't mess up my status!)

airguy Jan 9, 2009 7:44 pm

Called and Rep said I had requalified.

I've already called and the very friendly rep said that I had requalified. She also added that she had heard reports that the online counter was not working properly but everything would be fixed before the Feb. 1, 2009 conversion.

spec Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm

A CSR also told me this was a programming error and that I had re-qualified. Basically if you took 12 flights last year then you are good to go and can ignore what the counter says. Apparently it will correct itself on Feb 1.

HPN-HRL Jan 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Website corrected!

I just logged on and my account has been updated - it now says I am A+ Elite until 1 Feb 2010, with 0 credits needed to renew status. This happened without any prodding from my end.

The only catch is that I didn't earn my Elite status until May of last year, so theoretically my end date should be in May of 2010. I'm debating whether or not I should contact them about this - I tend to have more flexibility to travel in March, so it might be smart to confirm May as my status-ending date in case I am running short for 2011 and need to do a segment run. On the other hand, I will have at least 4 flights in February & March of 2009 - if I do confirm May as my status-ending date those flights won't count toward 2011.

What to do, what to do...

P.S. - Here is the info on renewing Elite status, posted at https: //www.aplusrewards.com/a_plus_news.aspx:
(note - I inserted a space in the above url - it won't work unless you are logged into your account)

Once a member earns Elite status, the member will be required to fly at least 12 one-way, A+ credit-earning flights during the subsequent 365 days to renew the Elite status for another year. Current Elite members will have until 1/31/2009 or 1 year from the date of attainment of Elite status, whichever is greater, to renew their Elite status.

Seat1A Jan 16, 2009 1:02 pm

hmm... mine now says "A+ Flight credits needed to renew status: 1"

"1" is the number of airtran flights i've actually taken in the last two years. but, if i thought they'd renew my elite for flying 1 more segment, i'd fly to BWI and back for that...

MikeInMass Jan 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Seat1A (Post 11089521)

"1" is the number of airtran flights i've actually taken in the last two years.

I do a lot of flying on AirTran, and mine says "A+ Flight credits needed to renew status: 78". I think the system is still settling down.

EmoryFlyer Jan 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Seat1A (Post 11089521)

"1" is the number of airtran flights i've actually taken in the last two years. but, if i thought they'd renew my elite for flying 1 more segment, i'd fly to BWI and back for that...

Yeah, the number showing for me is also the number of segments I've taken since Feb 1, 2008 (not how many are still needed to retain elite status).

HPN-HRL Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Interesting...

Mine showed 0 credits needed; I just double-checked my count & I have exactly 12 credits since I earned Elite status a few months ago.

Today, when I logged in there was no sign of the "credits needed" nor the date - maybe they are fixing it?

P.S. - When I logged in today, the "Status Expiration Date" had been changed from Feb 1st to the correct date. It still says 0 credits needed to renew status.

spec Jan 27, 2009 12:15 pm

The counter seems like it's still a little FUBAR. Now it's says I need 2 more credits to renew. By my counting I've flown exactly 12 segments from Jan 1 2008 until Jan 5, 2009. I'm not going to waste my time calling up until after Feb 1 though. Just for comparison though how does everyone else's counter resemble reality?

travelingfool23 Jan 28, 2009 7:33 am

Originally Posted by spec (Post 11151851)
The counter seems like it's still a little FUBAR. Now it's says I need 2 more credits to renew. By my counting I've flown exactly 12 segments from Jan 1 2008 until Jan 5, 2009. I'm not going to waste my time calling up until after Feb 1 though. Just for comparison though how does everyone else's counter resemble reality?

The counter I think is actually counting back 1 year from the expiration date - so since they set all "incumbent" Elites to 2/1/2009, it's looking back at how many flights you've had since 2/1/2008. Would that jive with what you see?