Wiki Posts
Search

35 minute ATL connection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:27 pm
formerly RZachSmith
Original Poster

35 minute ATL connection

I've been a FT reader/lurker for awhile but obviously haven't posted much, but I need a little advice.

It's my first time flying AirTran in awhile (was cheapest option) so I'm not sure how they handle things

I just got an email today about another schedule change that required them to mess around with my flights. I'm supposed to arrive in ATL at 7:50 AM on Oct 25, and I have an 8:25 connection to FLL. Obviously there's a risk of missing the 35 minute connection (delays, etc.), but I'd like to make it if possible.

If I don't make it to the connection in time will they just put me on the next available flight? Or am I going to have more problems?

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta FO
As long as your flight to ATL takes off on time you should be fine. All the Airtran gates in ATL are bunched together on one side of C concourse. Typically Airtran overestimates flight times so most likely you'll arrive 10 min or so ahead of time. If you do miss your connection go to the service center on C and they'll place you on the next flight. If you miss the flight b/c of them (service issue, not airport issue) make sure to get a food voucher out of them.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 5:52 pm
formerly RZachSmith
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks for the info spec.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 5:59 am

and when you check in, just to be safe, try to get as close as possible to the front of the bird. This could buy you some time as well.

I've made connections this tight with more than 10 minutes to spare with a stop at the restroom on the way. Your flight will also be arriving earlier than most into ATL so the airport wont be total chaos like it would likely be by 9:30. Chances are the plane will already be boarding when you approach the gate, so you'll be able to walk right on, sit down and wait to get pushed back.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Starwood Gold
You will definitely want to sit close to the front of the plane as recommended. I've had a number of 35 minute connections that were tight, but I've made the majority of them.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:13 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If you have a tight connection through ATL, you want it to be with AirTran. Odds are in your favor (barring any weather issues of course) that you'll make your connection.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by spec
All the Airtran gates in ATL are bunched together on one side of C concourse.
Actually, a significant portion of AirTran's operation is on the D concourse as well. If you're not changing concourses, 35 minutes is AMPLE time. If you're coming in to D1, and departing from C1, you're gonna need to hustle. Just make sure you verify your connecting gate with the arrival agent. That time of the morning, you should have no problem though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.