Airtran Curbside check in ?

Old Aug 12, 2008, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Airtran Curbside check in ?

We are flying AT for the first time this week. Can I do this...
I will check in online 24hrs Before our flight. Morning of flight, Husband drops daughter and I off at curbside check in, then leaves to return rental car. I check in and check all 3 of ours bags (without husband present)? Can this be done? Or does he need to be present to check his bag?

Sorry for the Newbie question. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
I don't think it will be a problem. You aren't really checking in a curb side (since you did that at 24 hours), you are really just dropping of the baggage. When you check in online, they will ask you how many checked bags each person is taking. They should then mark the itinerary as having 3 bags, I don't think they will necessarily need to see all three folks when you drop the bags off.

The only problem I could maybe see is they see 3 bags for 2 people, and try to charge you $20 for bringing a second bag. I don't think this will happen, but it might.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
The only problem I could maybe see is they see 3 bags for 2 people, and try to charge you $20 for bringing a second bag. I don't think this will happen, but it might.

That's my question, will I be able to drop off 3 bags without dh present, if we (3) are already checked in...
Old Aug 17, 2008, 7:19 pm

You can not check in bags for someone else. Id's must be checked when checking bags....sorry
Old Aug 18, 2008, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airtran1
You can not check in bags for someone else. Id's must be checked when checking bags....sorry
Thanks! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.