First-time flight w/ AirTran very good

Old May 28, 2007, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: No More Loyalty
First-time flight w/ AirTran very good

Flew AirTran for the first time last week, ATL-LAS. Been meaning to try them for some time since I'm based in Atlanta and I've finally gotten over the whole ValueJet debacle.

Although I avoided flying the older generation 737s, the 737-700s used on this route seem to be pretty good. Inside, they actually were fairly comfortable and spacious for not being a wide body. (Much better than a 757, for example.)

Drink service was good, though I kind of missed the snack box that Delta serves on this long flight. On the ATL-LAS leg we didn't even get a sack of pretzels. Coming back we got both pretzels and Biscoff cookies. Yeah!

BTW, the pilot on the return flight was the sexiest one (female) I've ever seen.
Old May 28, 2007, 4:27 pm

AirTran doesn't have any version of the 737 besides the 737-700.
Old May 29, 2007, 5:58 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by skoker
AirTran doesn't have any version of the 737 besides the 737-700.
I think the OP meant in a general sense, not specifically FL. However, the original Air Tran did use 737-200 series a/c.
Old May 29, 2007, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gsupstate
I think the OP meant in a general sense, not specifically FL. However, the original Air Tran did use 737-200 series a/c.
Yep, but just glad to know someone reads this board!
Old May 29, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: none (RIP AirTran)
Yes, thankfully the 732s and the DC9s are long gone. Did anyone ever fly on the A320s they wet-leased from Ryan International to fly to West Coast destinations before the 73Gs came online?

Glad you enjoyed your AirTran experience...not getting pretzels on the ATL-LAS leg is real weird though.
Old May 29, 2007, 5:37 pm

I flew on exactly one of the Ryan International flights.

Very uncomfortable...the 737's are much better
Old May 30, 2007, 6:05 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am a Delta-holic but recently flew Air Tran r/t MCO/DAY and found the planes very clean, the FAs professional, friendly and attractive and, shock of all shocks, they were ON TIME on every leg of the trip! Wow!
Old May 30, 2007, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dedehans
I am a Delta-holic but recently flew Air Tran r/t MCO/DAY and found the planes very clean, the FAs professional, friendly and attractive and, shock of all shocks, they were ON TIME on every leg of the trip! Wow!
Forgot to mention that we we left promptly on time on both legs. AirTran's pre-boarding routine seemed to start earlier than Delta's and be more orderly. Not any last-minute rushing around that I see a lot on other flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.