Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hidden-city ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Also, do most people just leave at ATL, or do you call and cancel the segment/let an agent know? Would canceling increase the chance of getting the credit for the segment flown?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Originally Posted by ivk5
Now that this old thread has been resurrected, I'm also curious whether anyone has recent experience to confirm that

Thanks
ivk5
Do you mean

1) you book a roundtrip "AAA-BBB-CCC CCC-BBB-AAA"
2) use only AAA-BBB BBB-AAA?

I do think you will have a problem when checking in at BBB airport on your return.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by eyeballer
Also, do most people just leave at ATL, or do you call and cancel the segment/let an agent know? Would canceling increase the chance of getting the credit for the segment flown?
I always book one way.. and just leave..
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by poohhead80
Do you mean

1) you book a roundtrip "AAA-BBB-CCC CCC-BBB-AAA"
2) use only AAA-BBB BBB-AAA?

I do think you will have a problem when checking in at BBB airport on your return.
I have booked AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD. Skipped BBB-CCC. No problem with checking in or credit posting.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:21 pm

Last week SFO-ATL-EWR. Took only SFO-ATL.

Did not get the credit. (does not matter to me, since I take FL only 2-3 times a year)
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:18 am

This is not an issue as long as you are NOT checking bags and you are getting on at the original destination.
If you are checking bags, they will be checked to your FINAL destination listed on your ticket even if you tell the agent what you are doing......so make sure you are NOT checking bags. I have had more than one passenger trying this with bags and they ended up having to "change" their tickets (paying the fare increase).
You also can not get on a flight in the middle....example....MEM-FLL...conn in ATL. You can get on in MEM and FLL and get off in ATL, but you can not get on in ATL. I know there will be many people who are going to say they have done it before. If you have, it is because the agent had no idea what was going on. I am not sure I would take that chance, because more times than not, you will not be able to board in the middle of your itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.