Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meal service ATL - DEN?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Meal service ATL - DEN?

I'm flying MEM-ATL-DEN on the evening of 8/25. Should I try to buy a Charley's sub at ATL and take on plane for flight to DEN or will they serve a meal from ATL to DEN?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:19 pm

Does AirTran serve meals?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thenewbie
Charley's sub it is.
Thx
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Airtran does Not serve Meals.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Airtran does Not serve Meals.
And just how many airlines still do???
You cant have the best of both worlds, if consumers want low fares then thats the service they'll get as well!
Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, AA AAdvantage
Not many airlines serve meals these days, as shown by the article below. Only Aloha, Continental, and Hawaiian have free meals for most of their flights.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...ght-usat_x.htm
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
And just how many airlines still do???
You cant have the best of both worlds, if consumers want low fares then thats the service they'll get as well!
Continental Airlines Still serves Hot meals free of charge to Economy Class passengers. ^
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Continental Airlines Still serves Hot meals free of charge to Economy Class passengers. ^
Sure they do.
I've have yet to have 1 solitary hot meal on CO flying out of CLE this year, bunch of BS imho.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Sure they do.
I've have yet to have 1 solitary hot meal on CO flying out of CLE this year, bunch of BS imho.
well where do you fly?

I got a cold meal flying EWR-BNA. Was very pleasantly surprised.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Co meals depend on the flight. I was on a DFW-EWR flight with a hot meal. However, EWR-BNA was a breakfast snack box (didn't bother me...I usually don't eat breakfast). CO has been great with meals, mutiple drinks rounds, etc...
Old Aug 25, 2006, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
well where do you fly?

I got a cold meal flying EWR-BNA. Was very pleasantly surprised.
CLE-LAX!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Is the Business Class service/items any different? I know free alcoholic drinks, but different/better snacks perhaps??
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by gsupstate
Is the Business Class service/items any different? I know free alcoholic drinks, but different/better snacks perhaps??
Yes, you do receive better snacks. There's a variety of items to choose from, including cookies and granola bars.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hhonors, Marriott, UA mileage Plus, Continental One Pass
I am totally confused about the question about the snacks since this thread got away from being about Air Tran and onto talk about Continental. So are the snacks better in Business Class for Air Tran or Continental?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:15 pm

There are no "meals" in AirTran in biz class or economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.