Wiki Posts
Search

Zone?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, US
Zone?

Anyone notice "zone" on the OLCI boarding pass? Is FL going to use a zone boarding system?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 3:22 pm

We're supposed to be starting zoned boarding soon. Although there are rumours of trying out a 'business/elite and then 'everyone else'. Madness I say.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 7:07 pm

They boarded by zones on my flight from BMI to ATL this morning, however my BP did not have a zone number printed on it. It only said 'ZONE' and that was it. I was sitting in biz class and I arrived late at the gate, so I don't know if biz class seats are excluded from the zones.

Any idea on how many zones the flights will be broken into or what the row numbers within each zone will be?
Old Jun 26, 2006, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, US
I flew this past weekend. My OLCI pass had just "zone." When I got a new seat assignment at the airport my zone was 1. My return flight had me in zone 1 as well. I was seated in coach and I'm elite.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 9:05 pm

On my flight the other day, they boarded Zone zero first. The GA has to keep telling people, "We are boarding Zone zero, not Zone blank! If your BP says Zone blank, please do not board at this time. Only Zone zero are welcome to board at this time."

No one boarded the flight under Zone zero. Then she processed to call Zone blank which were all the biz class passengers. Pretty crazy.

Anyone know who gets Zone zero?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Zone 0 is for SSR passengers (wheelchairs, unaccompanied minors, blind/deaf, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.