guaranteed full fare coach seat?

Old Apr 27, 06, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

guaranteed full fare coach seat?

I don't understand this perk. Guaranteed full fare coach seat on paid non-award travel booked in Y class. Please explain.

Also, as an elite, would I be able to reserve exit row seating at time of booking?

What happens with the "mark this booking for elite benefits" (or something like that) at time of ticket purchase? Do I ask for an upgrade to BC or do they simply know that? I purchased a web special (I think R fare) this time so doubt it's available for BC upgrade except maybe at GA counter but you never know...

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 06, 12:16 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by di2iftwood
I don't understand this perk. Guaranteed full fare coach seat on paid non-award travel booked in Y class. Please explain.
You can buy a seat even on sold out flight, i.e. they will bump someone else for you.
Also, as an elite, would I be able to reserve exit row seating at time of booking?
unfortunately, no...
What happens with the "mark this booking for elite benefits" (or something like that) at time of ticket purchase? Do I ask for an upgrade to BC or do they simply know that? I purchased a web special (I think R fare) this time so doubt it's available for BC upgrade except maybe at GA counter but you never know...
They will assign you any non exit/bulkhead row coach seat that you request, and it marks your reservation as elite in the computer.
Old Apr 28, 06, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

good to know - thanks!
Old Apr 29, 06, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
They will assign you any non exit/bulkhead row coach seat that you request, and it marks your reservation as elite in the computer.
So you can request seats in that e-mail too? That's good to know. I just send the e-mail with "Thanks." in the body because a couple times I asked a question (while requesting the elite benefits) and no one ever responded.
Old May 1, 06, 7:25 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
If you booked an M fare, and send the "mark this booking" email, it's been my experience that they go ahead and upgrade you at that point.

Originally Posted by yashan
So you can request seats in that e-mail too? That's good to know. I just send the e-mail with "Thanks." in the body because a couple times I asked a question (while requesting the elite benefits) and no one ever responded.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: