Wiki Posts
Search

Amex booking bonus question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Amex booking bonus question

After my first AirTran flight last month I have received credit for the flights, but not for the Amex booking bonus. I bought the ticket with my Starwood Amex card.

Is this card eligible, and if so should I have already received this bonus or do they post later?
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:17 pm

it depends which fare class you buy.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:21 pm
cl_

The AmEx bonus is good for booking using ANY AmEx card. However, you only get the AmEx bonus on certain fares - I think it is just the fares that are about $180 or more each way. If you bought a Web Special or such, it is probably not eligible. That said, the bonus points do not always post, even on the eligible fares. If this happened, just call A+ rewards and they will add them.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
I have had good experiences with the customer service, but I am sure you didn't get the credit because of the fare class that you booked.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ericgartner
I have had good experiences with the customer service, but I am sure you didn't get the credit because of the fare class that you booked.
I always book on AirTran with my Delta AmEx card and I have always received the bonus points. I'm pretty sure that a few of the purchases were in the lowest fare class or whatever (they were web specials) and I still got the bonus points.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Sounds like you got VERY lucky. I use my Starwood AMEX card and never get the bonus except for the most expensive fares. Here's the language from AirTran's web site:
"Promotion is limited to A+ Rewards members and awarded on all published Business Class fares and only on Y, B or M coach fares."
DatabaseDude, could it have been several years ago that you got the bonus with cheap fares? At one time, any fare qualified, but that hasn't been true for quite a while.

Originally Posted by DataBaseDude
I always book on AirTran with my Delta AmEx card and I have always received the bonus points. I'm pretty sure that a few of the purchases were in the lowest fare class or whatever (they were web specials) and I still got the bonus points.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Drummer
DatabaseDude, could it have been several years ago that you got the bonus with cheap fares? At one time, any fare qualified, but that hasn't been true for quite a while.
It was a year and a half ago when I racked up all those points off of that promotion.
Jet Fuel was cheaper back then and they were having to lower their prices to compete with Independence Air, so that might have been it.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
limited to on-line booking only?

Is the bonus only if you book online, or will you also get it if you book your ticket over the phone? The terms state something to the effect of "you may use airtran.com, or your travel professional", but nothing about AirTran Reservations itself.

I called, and they didn't know, and transferred me to AMEX Membership Rewards (which this has nothing to do with).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.