FL Launching nonstop ATL-SEA

Old Jan 17, 06, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
FL Launching nonstop ATL-SEA

Hi all,

I got schedules for AirTran launching new nonstop from ATL-SEA and wait for official news releases tomorrow. So here it is:

Flt 15 ATL-SEA Dpt. 0920 Arr. 1133 737-700W
Flt 16 SEA-ATL Dpt. 1230 Arr. 2013 737-700W

Flt 17 ATL-SEA Dpt. 1930 Arr. 2137 737-700W
Flt 18 SEA-ATL Dpt. 2230 Arr. 0601 737-700W

After DL were competitors service to SEA and they has done very well for more passengers than other airlines and wait for official news tomorrow morning and we will posting you back. Thanks!

Regards
Old Jan 17, 06, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

I got schedules for AirTran launching new nonstop from ATL-SEA and wait for official news releases tomorrow. So here it is:

Flt 15 ATL-SEA Dpt. 0920 Arr. 1133 737-700W
Flt 16 SEA-ATL Dpt. 1230 Arr. 2013 737-700W

Flt 17 ATL-SEA Dpt. 1930 Arr. 2137 737-700W
Flt 18 SEA-ATL Dpt. 2230 Arr. 0601 737-700W

After DL were competitors service to SEA and they has done very well for more passengers than other airlines and wait for official news tomorrow morning and we will posting you back. Thanks!

Regards
WOW, this is GREAT news for SEA passengers!!

Thanks FL and welcome to rainy SEA!!
Old Jan 17, 06, 10:53 pm

WOW! That will be awesome, any idea when it'll start up?
Old Jan 18, 06, 5:39 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Seasonal only

ORLANDO, Fla. (January 18, 2006) - AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today announced the airline will commence seasonal daily nonstop service to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport from Atlanta beginning May 25, 2006, and running through Labor Day this year.
Old Jan 18, 06, 6:50 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr
Originally Posted by tj41
May 25 thru Labor Day? HUH??
Old Jan 18, 06, 7:05 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by gsupstate
What is this, the beach? I didn't realize Seattle was such a summer resort.

I think it's great that they're going up there, but being a seasonal route doesn't make much sense. (From a consumer standpoint.)
Old Jan 18, 06, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Guys,

It's official for AirTran being launching nonstop to SEA and here it is:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060118/nyw027.html?.v=41

AirTran Airways Extends Westward Expansion with Nonstop Service to/from Seattle
Wednesday January 18, 6:00 am ET
- Airline to Begin Seasonal Service Between Atlanta and Seattle on May 25, 2006 -

ORLANDO, Fla., Jan. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI - News), today announced the airline will commence seasonal daily nonstop service to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport from Atlanta beginning May 25, 2006, and running through Labor Day this year. This route will be served by the airline's popular all-new Boeing 737 aircraft, which feature 12 Business Class and 125 coach seats. Seattle-Tacoma will become the airline's 49th destination.
"Our customers told us they want low-fare service to the Seattle area, and we listened," said Kevin Healy, AirTran Airways' vice president of planning. "These flights will provide our customers with convenient schedules, low fares and friendly service to Seattle-Tacoma during the busy summer vacation season."

AirTran Airways will offer the following new daily nonstop flight options to/from Seattle-Tacoma starting May 25, 2006:

Nonstop Service To Seattle-Tacoma From Atlanta

From Departs Arrives Frequency
Atlanta 9:20 a.m. 11:33 a.m. Daily
Atlanta 7:30 p.m. 9:37 p.m. Daily

Nonstop Service From Seattle-Tacoma to Atlanta

From Departs Arrives Frequency
Seattle-Tacoma 12:30 p.m. 8:13 p.m. Daily
Seattle-Tacoma 10:30 p.m. 6:01 a.m. Daily

AirTran Airways, one of America's largest low-fare airlines with 7,000 friendly, professional Crew Members, operates over 600 daily flights to 48 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where it is the second largest carrier. AirTran Airways recently added the fuel-efficient Boeing 737-700 aircraft to create America's youngest all-Boeing fleet. The airline is also the first carrier to install XM Satellite Radio on commercial aircraft. For reservations or more information, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran).

Media Contacts:
Tad Hutcheson
[email protected]

Judy Graham-Weaver
[email protected]

-------------------------------------------
Source: AirTran Airways
Thanks all!
Old Jan 18, 06, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Seems odd for seasonal service. Granted, probably the best time of year to go up that way.

Hmm, will have to take food with me on that flight!!
Old Jan 18, 06, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by SaveDelta
Seems odd for seasonal service. Granted, probably the best time of year to go up that way.

Hmm, will have to take food with me on that flight!!
For sure, but that's such a PAIN. Couldn't FL do like other LCC's and at least offer a snack box (Cheese, crackers, a meat (salami, beef stick, etc), something sweet)? SEA is one of my fave destinations! Hope I can snag a good deal on a Biz Class ticket...
Old Jan 18, 06, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hope I can snag a good deal on a Biz Class ticket...
I should really learn to read more carefully. I had just typed a reply to the effect that you won't get a good meal, even on a Biz Class ticket. Then I re-read your post and saw that you said deal.
Old Jan 18, 06, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN A List
The seasonal aspect is a pain, but remember the cruise ship effect in SEA these days. NW has always put in more PNW flights in the summertime. And try to get award tickets on other carriers to SEA in the summer!
Old Jan 19, 06, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
It's all about the Alaska cruise traffic. Holland America alone has 30+% more departures scheduled for this season -- they're up to well over 100 sailings -- and Princess, NCL, etc. are doing a huge business up here. Last sailings are late September though.

SEA suffers from an arrogant, high-handed Port that imposes abnormally high landing fees and drives off a lot of potential entrants, so we are grateful for any new service. Thank you FL for giving us a try and I hope it turns into something year-round at some point!
Old Jan 20, 06, 9:40 am

I'm trying to talk my SO into a short trip in June or July before all the Biz Class seats are snapped up!
Old Jan 20, 06, 9:49 am

Any way to tell what is a valid connecting flight (I'm thinking awards, but paid flights could count as well) from SEA. I'm assuming SEA-LAX is not allowed, but what about SEA-MDW, SEA-DFW, or something in the middle of the country.

I'm assuming you could just buy 2 paid flights, but I'm wondering about using a one-way award. Anybody with experience on this from LAX, SFO, or LAS?
Old Jan 20, 06, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Justin026
The seasonal aspect is a pain, but remember the cruise ship effect in SEA these days. NW has always put in more PNW flights in the summertime. And try to get award tickets on other carriers to SEA in the summer!
SEA has always been a seasonal market (for 30+ years) due to cruise ship traffic, many connections to Alaskan cities (summer is the prime tourist season), and summer weather is LESS rainy in Seattle itself. Almost all airlines add flights and/or upgrade aircraft during the summer.

So, actually, Airtran is being smart. I would assume that they might extend the service with a single flight year-round if the summer flights are successful.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: