FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   Redeeming flights ridiculous (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/515489-redeeming-flights-ridiculous.html)

cl_ Jan 16, 2006 9:37 pm

Redeeming flights ridiculous

No, this is not another post about the Wendy's thing. I got my FL points the old fashioned way with my BIS. So tonight, I thought I would try to use some of these points for a trip. I've been reading this FL board since about May now, and never seen this covered (I could have missed it or forgotten it though), so I thought I would post.

I called AirTran A+ rewards to check availability, and figure out an itinerary that will not require me to use business class credit for my flights based on what is available right now. She says to hang up and call reservations, give them my voucher number and get the reservation. Huh? What is A+ rewards there for? How do I get a voucher? She says go onto the website and tell it you want to redeem flight, it will give you a voucher number, then call reservations.

Next I go to the website, thinking I will get the voucher number and then call reservations. I go through the voucher process. It tells me to make sure I want coach (vs business) because once redeemed this cannot be undone. Fine, I think, I'm getting the voucher and calling right back to get the tickets, so I know coach is available. I click the redeem now box, and get a message that my voucher number will be sent to me IN ONE TO THREE BUSINESS DAYS! WHAT? By that time, the flights I want may well be gone. This is ridiculous.

What could possibly be so difficult about having a system where you call A+ rewards, they figure out the flight you want and deduct the appropriate number of points from your account? Or better yet, a website that could figure out how to do this? It is not rocket science, and plenty of other airlines have figured this out.

I had no idea what lack of customer service I was agreeing to when I decided on Airtran vs. Delta.

DCATravel Jan 17, 2006 12:02 am

Have booked at least 8 tickets without any problems or lack of customer service. At least they have availability on their flights. I view my Delta miles as useless.

tj41 Jan 17, 2006 8:08 am

It's been my experience that, if you get a good agent on the phone, you can talk to her and stall for a minute while you redeem the credits online- even though it says 3 days, it has always been instantaneous. Then you give the agent the voucher numbers and they book it right there.

Originally Posted by cl_
No, this is not another post about the Wendy's thing. I got my FL points the old fashioned way with my BIS. So tonight, I thought I would try to use some of these points for a trip. I've been reading this FL board since about May now, and never seen this covered (I could have missed it or forgotten it though), so I thought I would post.

I called AirTran A+ rewards to check availability, and figure out an itinerary that will not require me to use business class credit for my flights based on what is available right now. She says to hang up and call reservations, give them my voucher number and get the reservation. Huh? What is A+ rewards there for? How do I get a voucher? She says go onto the website and tell it you want to redeem flight, it will give you a voucher number, then call reservations.

Next I go to the website, thinking I will get the voucher number and then call reservations. I go through the voucher process. It tells me to make sure I want coach (vs business) because once redeemed this cannot be undone. Fine, I think, I'm getting the voucher and calling right back to get the tickets, so I know coach is available. I click the redeem now box, and get a message that my voucher number will be sent to me IN ONE TO THREE BUSINESS DAYS! WHAT? By that time, the flights I want may well be gone. This is ridiculous.

What could possibly be so difficult about having a system where you call A+ rewards, they figure out the flight you want and deduct the appropriate number of points from your account? Or better yet, a website that could figure out how to do this? It is not rocket science, and plenty of other airlines have figured this out.

I had no idea what lack of customer service I was agreeing to when I decided on Airtran vs. Delta.

Airvoyant Jan 23, 2006 11:12 am

No issue for me

cl_

I use their website to request voucher travel, and as with the other comment, get almost instantaneous confirmation. My only problem with this program is that I forget which vouchers I have used and that they expire within a year of date earned. I guess I would have to keep up with my own, but it would be nice if they tracked use and expiration like DL.

Of course, had I been satisfied on DL everytime, I would have never flown them.

airvoyant