Preferred Customer?

Old Jan 10, 06, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Preferred Customer?

I just booked a ticket online and imagine my surprise to read the confirmation email message and see a banner at the top of the message with the AirTran logo and the words "Preferred Customer", and then this message above the flight information:

"As a preferred customer, you may be eligible for priority processing at the airport security checkpoints. Please check with an AirTran Airways crew member for local details."

Never seen that before! I don't fly AirTran nearly enough to have elite status or anything; what would trigger the "preferred customer" message? A mistake? Not that I'm complaining, but just wondering....
Old Jan 11, 06, 8:33 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by UAzip
I just booked a ticket online and imagine my surprise to read the confirmation email message and see a banner at the top of the message with the AirTran logo and the words "Preferred Customer", and then this message above the flight information:

"As a preferred customer, you may be eligible for priority processing at the airport security checkpoints. Please check with an AirTran Airways crew member for local details."

Never seen that before! I don't fly AirTran nearly enough to have elite status or anything; what would trigger the "preferred customer" message? A mistake? Not that I'm complaining, but just wondering....
Did you book Biz Class? I noticed before I hit Elite that I would get that as well whenever I was up front; the point is to let you know you can use the short line.
Old Jan 11, 06, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by tj41
Did you book Biz Class? I noticed before I hit Elite that I would get that as well whenever I was up front; the point is to let you know you can use the short line.
Nope, not even biz class.....bargain-basement web special coach with seats assigned at checkin (although I'll probably upgrade the day before). Someone at FL just thinks I'm their type of person maybe?
Old Jan 18, 06, 10:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
preferred customer

Originally Posted by UAzip
Nope, not even biz class.....bargain-basement web special coach with seats assigned at checkin (although I'll probably upgrade the day before). Someone at FL just thinks I'm their type of person maybe?
I had the same experience...booked a deeply discounted coach flight, got my itinerary by e-mail, saw "preferred customer" at the top. I have never upgraded to business class and don't plan to this time, and there's little to no chance that I'll gain any elite status any time soon.

Has anyone figured out if there are any tangible benefits to this "preferred customer" label?
Old Feb 6, 06, 10:30 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
I got this, too, on my first ever Airtran booking this morning.
Old Mar 5, 06, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL,FL,B6
I suppose it dosent mean anything then. Looks like everyone is "preferred"
Old Mar 6, 06, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenlediver
I suppose it dosent mean anything then. Looks like everyone is "preferred"
Maybe it's to make everyone feel important. Like the old "Nobody's second-class on Southern Airways".....
Old Mar 6, 06, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL,FL,B6
But I don't feel so special anymore.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: