FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   The Grinch who stole Wendy's Coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/510279-grinch-who-stole-wendys-coupons.html)

Lineman Jan 3, 2006 1:03 pm

The Grinch who stole Wendy's Coupons

Over the last month I sent in a total of 4 envelopes with 16 coupons each.

2 of the 4 envelopes posted to my account before the end of the year.

The 3rd set posted to my account .3 credits (as opposed to the normal 4 credits for 16 coupons). I called AirTran A+ Rewards and asked them to explain what they received.

The woman on the phone said there was a note in my account that the envelope I sent was empty with no index card and no envelope, and they only way they were able to retrieve my account information was from the reply address on the envelope.

I was in Florida at the time of the last two mailings. I double checked with my Dad who physically mailed them and he said that they were full envelopes.

The 4th envelope has yet to show up on the account. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the 4th one.

I feel very disappointed and cheated right now. I hope everything turns out ok. I don't think I have any recourse either. :(

took Jan 5, 2006 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Lineman
Over the last month I sent in a total of 4 envelopes with 16 coupons each.

2 of the 4 envelopes posted to my account before the end of the year.

The 3rd set posted to my account .3 credits (as opposed to the normal 4 credits for 16 coupons). I called AirTran A+ Rewards and asked them to explain what they received.

The woman on the phone said there was a note in my account that the envelope I sent was empty with no index card and no envelope, and they only way they were able to retrieve my account information was from the reply address on the envelope.

I was in Florida at the time of the last two mailings. I double checked with my Dad who physically mailed them and he said that they were full envelopes.

The 4th envelope has yet to show up on the account. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the 4th one.

I feel very disappointed and cheated right now. I hope everything turns out ok. I don't think I have any recourse either. :(

Sorry to hear of your loss!

This won't recover your coupons, but you should still report the theft to police as stealing from the mail is a federal offense. It's possible that if YOU were robbed, so were others. Some justice may still be in store for the Grinch.

took

jabroni79 Jan 5, 2006 3:09 pm

That is bad news. At least you only lost 16 and did not lose all of them. You should report this to the USPS and tell them where you mailed to envelope and what was in it.

jerry crump Jan 5, 2006 10:05 pm

I had some missing also but I was so happy with the airtran deal I just went and bought a bunch of frosties and cokes and didn't bother calling them.

jfrey1 Jan 6, 2006 2:49 pm

Similar situation here. An envelope I sent in the beginning of December with 32 coupons hasn't posted. This is only the 2nd piece of mail in my entire life that has not been delivered. I'd bet the postal employees and their friends and families will be taking a few extra trips this year.

CaveatEmpty Jan 6, 2006 5:37 pm

As above -- call your local USPO: speak to the Postal Inspector's office... get on the victim's list.
When this happens to a few FT'ers, you can bet there's a BUNCH of clueless flyers in the same boat, and AirTran got more than a few empty envelopes.

Somebody knew what was going into that PO box.

In the future -- pay the few bucks for Registered.. ^
/.

jerry crump Jan 7, 2006 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by CaveatEmpty
As above -- call your local USPO: speak to the Postal Inspector's office... get on the victim's list.
When this happens to a few FT'ers, you can bet there's a BUNCH of clueless flyers in the same boat, and AirTran got more than a few empty envelopes.

Somebody knew what was going into that PO box.

In the future -- pay the few bucks for Registered.. ^
/.

I had a relative's certified show up signed for and not get credited. Great promotion though even if a few problems poped up.

Lineman Jan 7, 2006 7:19 pm

UPDATE :

I just checked my balance and the 4th envelope I received was credited to my account with the correct number of credits. (4 credits for 16 wendy's coupons).

It is possible that the sorting machines could have damaged the envelope, but I really think something mischievous happened.

At least i'm not as mad as I was a few days ago.

I should still file a complaint with the post office. I need to get the details from my dad as to exactly where he mailed it from.

Next time for something like this, I definitely need to do registered mail. (eventhough I noticed the last poster didn't have luck with that).

Thanks everyone.

tarcapone Jan 9, 2006 7:59 pm

What is the consensus for the best way to send in the Wendy's coupons? I noticed that the terms say to use a "handwritten business size (#10) envelope", but I'm afraid to send that in with more than a few coupons (I have 128 for myself and 128 for my wife). Will they accept a box? I thought a priority mail envelope would work well.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

tarcapone Jan 9, 2006 8:13 pm

One website recommended, "To avoid delay, make sure you put the coupons in a #10 envelope and then put the envelope in a Priority Mail envelope with tracking, certified mail and insurance services. I'm sure you'll just get back sending it the plain ole way but with reports of lost mail, you can never be too safe. An extra $15 spent is nothing to make sure you get your R/T flight which can easy exceed $1200 in value."

Has anyone sent in a priority mail envelope? I assume this is acceptable.

Ztras Jan 11, 2006 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by tarcapone
What is the consensus for the best way to send in the Wendy's coupons? I noticed that the terms say to use a "handwritten business size (#10) envelope", but I'm afraid to send that in with more than a few coupons (I have 128 for myself and 128 for my wife). Will they accept a box? I thought a priority mail envelope would work well.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I'm not sure about a box, but you can use a large enevelope (per their CSR). I used a 10" x 13" (magazine sized) envelope. For what it is worth, it was one of the 'plasticy' Tyvek envelopes that are hard to open without serious damage - Certified.

Mrp Alert Jan 18, 2006 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Ztras
I'm not sure about a box, but you can use a large enevelope (per their CSR). I used a 10" x 13" (magazine sized) envelope. For what it is worth, it was one of the 'plasticy' Tyvek envelopes that are hard to open without serious damage - Certified.

I used the hard priority club envelope that they have at the post office without incident for me, mom, and dad.

tj41 Jan 18, 2006 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I used the hard priority club envelope that they have at the post office without incident for me, mom, and dad.

Frequent travel on the brain?

The first step to recovery is admitting you are obsessed.

chrisw Jan 18, 2006 9:07 pm

I sent in several batches of coupons 64 per 9x12" brown envelope. I send them all plain old first class mail, and all of the credits posted within 2 weeks of the date I sent the envelopes.