Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirTran apparently understands

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:01 am
Original Poster

AirTran apparently understands

"[AirTran] wants those business markets more and more," airline analyst John Pincavage tells the Chicago Tribune (free registration). "They began as a mostly leisure airline, but they've gotten into the business market because the yields are higher"

From Mutzabaugh's USAToday column re the expansion of Southwest and AirTran at Midway.

So AirTran gets it that business travellers pay more!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:19 pm
RJ

Please bring back LAX-DFW

Originally Posted by bofie
"[AirTran] wants those business markets more and more," airline analyst John Pincavage tells the Chicago Tribune (free registration). "They began as a mostly leisure airline, but they've gotten into the business market because the yields are higher"

From Mutzabaugh's USAToday column re the expansion of Southwest and AirTran at Midway.

So AirTran gets it that business travellers pay more!
I hope they'll consider bringing back the LAX-DFW flights!
Old Dec 22, 2005, 7:57 pm

Programs: United 1K
I agree - that would be awesome.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by jaguar
I agree - that would be awesome.

Did either of the two of you ever fly FL when they started the service over AA? If you didn't then you have no right to wish that FL would restart the service.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:44 pm
RJ

Originally Posted by GWU ESIA STUDENT
Did either of the two of you ever fly FL when they started the service over AA? If you didn't then you have no right to wish that FL would restart the service.
Yes, several times in Business Class. I was comped Elite status on AirTran several years ago, and discovered the ease of buying the upgradable Y fares just shortly before they stopped the DFW route. For me, it was a great deal. Great service, and I loved XM radio!

AA has very, very little competition on direct flights from LAX to DFW. Amazingly, even United only has one or two direct flights a day.

Last edited by RJ; Dec 23, 2005 at 4:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.