Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

A MR just by eating - Airtran and Wendy's!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A MR just by eating - Airtran and Wendy's!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
So, have anyone's credits actually posted yet? I know it's early...but I know that some people have already mailed theirs out....

Also, someone asked this, but I don't think it was ever answered...what other fees do you have to pay on Airtran to get a "free" ticket?

Last edited by AsiaTraveler; Nov 9, 2005 at 2:55 pm
Old Nov 9, 2005, 4:59 pm
BSL

Has anyone found these in Houston?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by yetter
I searched 4 Wendy's on my lunch break in the North Dallas area, no luck. Does anyone know if any Wendy's in the DFW area are participating?
I tried Greenville Ave and East Northwest Hwy by Fry's. The guy on Greenville Ave claimed they came in a month ago and they are all out. I smell something fishy about his story. I wonder if we are seeing some inside action by Wendy's employees/Management to keep these cups. It might be time to call the district office tomorrow.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 5:11 am

"free" tickets

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
So, have anyone's credits actually posted yet? I know it's early...but I know that some people have already mailed theirs out....

Also, someone asked this, but I don't think it was ever answered...what other fees do you have to pay on Airtran to get a "free" ticket?
I recently booked a roundtrip ticket on AirTran using my A+ credits. AirTran charges the airport security fees applicable for the roundtrip ticket.

Also, it seems that AirTran only has a limited number of "free" seats per flight.

Jaime
Old Nov 10, 2005, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler

I believe its $5 per redeemed ticket.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriott PM, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by dfwbob
I tried Greenville Ave and East Northwest Hwy by Fry's. The guy on Greenville Ave claimed they came in a month ago and they are all out. I smell something fishy about his story. I wonder if we are seeing some inside action by Wendy's employees/Management to keep these cups. It might be time to call the district office tomorrow.

Nothing in Denton or Lewisville either. Let me know what the DM says.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by yetter
Nothing in Denton or Lewisville either. Let me know what the DM says.
I spoke with a Dallas Area Wendy's manager and she said they have not received any of the cups yet. She said was looking and asking for them and to keep checking back.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:46 pm

Mailed 2 envelopes with 8 coupons each on Saturday 11/5/05. Four credits posted today 11/11/05. Good deal.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 8:47 pm

What a waste of Coke...

The most tricky part is disposing of the Coke... any tips? My local Wendys (which is next to my gym - two birds with one stone!) insist on buzzing customers into the bathroom, which is a hassle.

Tomorrow I'm going to invest in a bucket and pour the bucket of Coke down the drain outside. I figure if my girlfriend and I buy five each before the gym, and five each after working out, then it'll only take us 13 days to get up to my 256 cups target.

We got 35 cups today. I ask for ten, and sometimes it works, but usually the server knows the rules and limits me to five.

I figure it's win-win-win. Coke are paying for the promo - they're happy, because their sales are boosted and the cost of the promo is hidden in their marketing budget. Looks like they're trying to inflate 2005 sales. AirTran are happy - the marginal cost of A+ Rewards is almost nothing. Wendy's are happy - revenue is up and customers like me are venturing inside for the first time in years. And I'm happy. Because I'm flying for free.

At the end of the day, it's a complete waste of Coke. But quite a clever promotion.

Does anyone know if I can fly to Cancun and the Bahamas, or is it limited to the continental United States?
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by hadbri
Does anyone know if I can fly to Cancun and the Bahamas, or is it limited to the continental United States?
Cancun and Grand Bahama Island are included, although there may be more taxes on those flights.

Glancing through the terms and conditions I spoted this: Elite members and customers redeeming for coach travel, you may request a free upgrade or purchase an upgrade with your credit card anytime beginning the day prior to departure, or at check-in if space is available.

Does this mean that if you are booked on a award coach ticket you get bumped up to BC for free if there is space available? (It’s entirely possible everyone knew this but me.) Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, does anyone happen to know what farecode award travel is booked under?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:45 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
free?

>>>>> Because I'm flying for free.

Wait a minute, didn't you say you are on your way to BUY 256 Cokes?? I am sitting this one out but it sure is tempting. I just don't fly Air Tran and likely never will, appears too much work and restrictions. Now if it was NW I would have a shot to be the "Soda" guy guaranteed!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:33 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
See, I am thinking about the possibility of becoming the "soda girl" for their "free any airline" flights- fly northwest for free, plus get miles for it! I'm not sure if I'm gutsy enough though....
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:17 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
fly nw for free****

>>>> fly northwest for free, plus get miles for it!

Theoretically yes, just a lot more Cokes! But you do have to go through Air Tran to get NW flights. The way I see it is like you go for these non FF/point credit cards credit cards and then you have to follow all their restrictions and fine print. That's way too much time for me! I hope it works great for many who are going for it!
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:59 pm

69 cokes so far... 187 to go

Progress update: another 34 cups today, so my total after two days is 69 cups of Coke... the servers on the nightshift don't seem to know about the 5 cup limit yet, and one of them was happy to sell me the cups without the Coke in it... also has the added benefit of missing the lunchtime crowd.

I have to admit it: I now check the trash inside the Wendy's as I'm leaving the store and have picked up a few cups this way. Degrading, perhaps, but I only have to say two words to myself: CANCUN. BAHAMAS.

Who else is doing this promo? How's it going so far?
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by hadbri
Progress update: another 34 cups today, so my total after two days is 69 cups of Coke... the servers on the nightshift don't seem to know about the 5 cup limit yet, and one of them was happy to sell me the cups without the Coke in it... also has the added benefit of missing the lunchtime crowd.

I have to admit it: I now check the trash inside the Wendy's as I'm leaving the store and have picked up a few cups this way. Degrading, perhaps, but I only have to say two words to myself: CANCUN. BAHAMAS.

Who else is doing this promo? How's it going so far?
I have been collecting cups since Tuesday. Have only brought lunch and 4 extra cokes so far, but have collected 164 cups. When I ask, people have been giving me their cups instead of throwing them away. Yesterday my stack was so high, a total of 60 cups, that people handed me their cups without being asked. I also check the trash inside of Wendy’s when I’m there. While doing this, on the second day, and employee noticed and said she would help me find cups when she emptied the trash, so I expect my stash to grow. On Monday I intend to give Pearl a thank you note and a gift for her help. She has been great.

I am trying to get enough coupons so that my children, and grandchildren, can fly free to a family reunion this summer.

It always amazes me how nice people can be if you approach them in a positive way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.