Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

A MR just by eating - Airtran and Wendy's!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A MR just by eating - Airtran and Wendy's!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
I stopped by Wendy's twice today. I got one combo meal the first time and just a 20 oz drink the second time. The cup with my combo was the same 20 oz cup I got later in the day.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:15 am

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Except from the T&C: After you have consumed your beverage, carefully cut out the Proof of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupon along the dotted line, it leads me to believe that they're not coupons, but that you'll have to cut the actual cup. Unlike the Mcd's BB Bucks.
Indeed these are not stickers, they are part of the cup and you must cut them out.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:03 am
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
A couple of questions here (and some notes).

1) Looks like for flights on other airlines you need to book a minimum of 30 days out and need a Sat night stay. Correct?

2) Is there a cap on the cost for other airlines? Reading the terms for the A+ program, it seems like AirTran gets to pick the airline, not you, as long as it's cheaper. Seems like you could get a wicked two-connection flight. I was considering ORD-SAN-ORD as my route.

3) Since AirTran purchases a ticket on the other airline, it it elegible for miles? I was considering this if I could get some UA credit, it might be worth sitting for a weird 2-connection flight!
Old Oct 31, 2005, 12:40 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by gof
A couple of questions here (and some notes).

1) Looks like for flights on other airlines you need to book a minimum of 30 days out and need a Sat night stay. Correct?

2) Is there a cap on the cost for other airlines? Reading the terms for the A+ program, it seems like AirTran gets to pick the airline, not you, as long as it's cheaper. Seems like you could get a wicked two-connection flight. I was considering ORD-SAN-ORD as my route.

3) Since AirTran purchases a ticket on the other airline, it it elegible for miles? I was considering this if I could get some UA credit, it might be worth sitting for a weird 2-connection flight!
From reading the Airtran site:
1) Correct.
2) There are a lot of limitations. I don't believe you get to pick the airline or route, but unlike priceline, you get to say no if you don't like their pick. As noted above, you cannot use another airline if Airtran flies between the requested city pairs.
3) They specifically state that you are eligible for FF miles on the other airline based on their T&C (so depending on the class of service, 50% EQM on CO, for example).
Old Oct 31, 2005, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ljderm
Indeed these are not stickers, they are part of the cup and you must cut them out.
See my post above (#28) for a scan of an actual coupon from a cup. They are not stickers and will be quite cumbersome to mail to AirTran.

Last edited by yashan; Oct 31, 2005 at 5:09 pm Reason: Fixed URL.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Here is an FYI:
Spoke to AirTran A Plus Rewards desk today. Even though the T&C states the #10 envelope rule (which would be really bulky with more than about 15 of the coupons), they will allow larger or brown envelopes.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
What a day! I just got back from 11 hours of work...visiting six Wendy Stores.

First off...all Wendys have the promo cups in my area and the promo is currently on every cup medium/large until this stock runs out.

"Hello, I would like to buy 100/500 medium cokes."
Strange look.
"Really, I'm not kidding. I want the cups for the airtran promo on them."
Calls the Manager
"Yes, I am the one. I would like to..."
No...you can't do that. There is a limit of 1/2/4/5 (heard all these) per customer/visit.
"OK. But the official rules I printed off the the Airtran website say limit of 5 dinks per transaction. It doesn't say customer or visit. See...that is what it says right here."

At this point either the manager
- was rude and said something along the lines of 5 is all you get. Come back tomorrow if you want more. I don't care what your rules say.
- Hmm. That is interesting. Let me check with the regional Manager. (I wait.) The regional manager would respond say: "5 per visit"

I did have better results at two of the six stores I visited. At one, the manager allowed my to make 100 visits in a row (but I had to go through the line every time - this took 4 hours). At the other they were willing to sell me however many I wanted...but stopped at 300 because they wanted to make sure they wouldn't run out of cups tomorrow. But they said I could come back and buy as many as I want later in the week. So it took me 6 tries to find one that would let me...

Interestingly, some of the managers told me: Well, Airtran says 5 per transaction, but Wendys rules for the promo are 5 per customer/visit. However, at one of restaurants I asked and got Wendys official promo rules and guess what...they also say "5 per transaction." This manager was very rude to me when I pointed this out to him. He had also told me I could only buy 1 coke when I first asked. When pressed he said the limit was two, then four. When I showed him the "5 per transaction" in the rules he handed me, he finally let me buy 5 but that was IT. At another store the manager also said I had to buy a combo until I asked what kind of cup my drink would come in if I bought a medium coke. (The only medium cups they have now have the promo on them!)

So...at the end of the day I bought about 825 cups today for about $1000 and will have the credit depostid to about six family accounts - enough credit for 12 roundtrips on Airtran. And I have 100 receipts for 5 cups if I need to prove anything later in the game.

Some say the game gets less fun all the time...but I have participated in great promos every year and they dont' seem to be disappearing.

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Oct 31, 2005 at 10:22 pm
Old Nov 1, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
wanaflyforless,

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with the promotion

Are you in Chicago as your profile states? Just want to confirm that this is a national promotion before I go out and try to buy some Cokes

Szymon
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:27 am

Yes - I am in Chicago. But I would not expect Wendys restuarants to carry the promo everywhere. Chicago is a city where Airtran is expanding now.

When I stopped at a Wendys in Nebraska a couple on Sunday they hadn't heard of the promo and didn't have the cups. And apparently it is up to the individual franchise owner wether to participate in this promo.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:34 am
SWG

Man . . . I thought us FT'ers were cheap. The people on the FatWallet thread are talking about dumpster diving and bribes. This promo is hilarious!
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Do these have to be sent via usps, or will they accept it via a fedex envelope also?
I'd feel much better sending them fedex than us mail...
Old Nov 1, 2005, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
So...at the end of the day I bought about 825 cups today
I am so jealous! I only have 9 cups so far. I hope they don't run out of the coupons in the next few weeks, I'm hoping to buy enough 256 cups total (128 for me and 128 for my husband)
Old Nov 1, 2005, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
*shrug*

anyone else going to try and bribe a cashier for a stack of cups?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
I am a bit confused about the dates of this promotion. On the AirTran website it says 11/1/05 to 12/31/05, while the cup has it lasting until 2/05/06. Which one is right? It would be nice if it was 2/05/06, then I would have more time to get credits.

Also, does anyone know anything about the age requirement? How would they know what my birthdate is? I havent flown FL since I have had my A+ account (signed up early 2005).
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Berto
I am a bit confused about the dates of this promotion. On the AirTran website it says 11/1/05 to 12/31/05, while the cup has it lasting until 2/05/06. Which one is right? It would be nice if it was 2/05/06, then I would have more time to get credits.
My guess is the people planning the promo are not sure how fast they will go through the cups. Maybe they have a designated number of cups they printed with the promo and once these cups are gone, be it before or after Dec 31st, the promo is done. From their fineprint:

"On or about...12/31/05, or while supplies last"

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Nov 1, 2005 at 7:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.