Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

A+ Rewards Credit Card: 14 credits for $89?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I got a recent mailing and checked the website, please advise if I'm missing anything.

The card has a $39 annual fee and appears to offer 4 credits on the first purchase... easy enough to get 4 credits.

You can also get 0% interest for 6 months and 1 credit per $1,000 transferred on balance transfers to the card, up to $10,000. However, there is a balance transfer fee of 3% of the amount transferred, but with a maximum fee of $50.

So, if I read that right, you can get 14 credits (nearly enough for a free RT coach) for $89: $39 annual fee plus $50 balance transfer fee.

$89 isn't like getting it free, and you can ocassionally find an AirTran flight for around that price, but it still seems like a pretty good deal for 14 credits.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:49 pm

Programs: AP, SPG, DL
Your right, sounds pretty good.
What is the web site? I might like to check it out as well.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 7:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tagor
Your right, sounds pretty good.
What is the web site? I might like to check it out as well.
http://www.airtranvisa.com/
Old Aug 17, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Not as advertised

This offer is no longer available. Despite the above cited web site (which is owned by Air Tran, not by Juniper Bank), and despite the fact that this web site is linked to from certain, but not all, places on Air Tran's web site, the offer is actually only 3 credits for balance transfers. Other areas of Air Tran's web site properly state 3 credits.

The double credits on the first $2,500 spent is also not valid.

I spoke with both Juniper and Air Tran. Air Tran promised to correct their site.

Sigh...
Old Aug 26, 2005, 8:47 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlexB
This offer is no longer available. Despite the above cited web site (which is owned by Air Tran, not by Juniper Bank), and despite the fact that this web site is linked to from certain, but not all, places on Air Tran's web site, the offer is actually only 3 credits for balance transfers. Other areas of Air Tran's web site properly state 3 credits.

The double credits on the first $2,500 spent is also not valid.

I spoke with both Juniper and Air Tran. Air Tran promised to correct their site.

Sigh...
I wrote about this to the marketing manager for AirTran's A+ Rewards. His response on the high number of credits and he said: "Actually, that's the new standard offer as of June. You want to be the bearer of the news to the FlyerTalkers?"

So it's a great new offer that started in June -- it's the other places that have not been updated. Just always print out the page as proof as we know from previous experiences on other airlines.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Thanks Joe for the update. ^ ^ ^
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:59 am

Just got my first AirTran Visa bill. Despite Joe's comment, they only awarded 3 credits for a $10,000 balance transfer. And there were no double credits on the first $2,500 of spending. So what they told me is what I got.

Joe, if you have any contact info, it would be appreciated. At this point, all we have for proof is your post.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 7:02 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Check your personal mail that I just sent you. I'll forward my email correspondence with AirTran's A+ Rewards Marketing Manager. Please let everyone know the outcome.

Thanks,
JoeFlyer
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:19 am
SMD

Where does this stand?

Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
Check your personal mail that I just sent you. I'll forward my email correspondence with AirTran's A+ Rewards Marketing Manager. Please let everyone know the outcome.

Thanks,
JoeFlyer
Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:40 am

We're on the way to a happy ending.

It took multiple calls, but ultimately I ended up speaking with someone in management at Juniper Bank. She said the reason for the mixup was that I had been given a Platinum Visa instead of the Signature Visa. I pointed out that there was no way to specify one over the other.

She called back after some more investigation and said that she would credit me the missing 2500 points for the double points on the first $2500 of purchases, and the missing 7000 points due on the $10,000 balance transfer. She said I would be getting a Signature Card to replace the Platinum Card.

As of today, I have received the Signature Card, and I received a bill indicating that there would be a 9500 point bonus adjustment, however those points have not yet posted to my A-Plus Rewards account. I'm fairly certain that it's only a matter of a few more days.

Most significantly, she thanked me for pointing out the inconsistency in their advertising vs. what was delivered. She said an internal investigation would be forthcoming to fix the situation for others in the same boat.

Thanks to JoeFlyer for providing the critical information that supported my argument!
Old Oct 22, 2005, 1:27 pm

I had gotten the Visa offer in the mail the other day and signed up online. However, I got the dreaded "We need to review this... we'll get back to you in 10 days" screen.

How leinent is Juniper when it comes to approvals (I asked for the Signature Visa)? Credit score is in the low-600s; some trouble in the past, but that is getting cleaned up.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:05 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i try to avoid the obnoxious credit card people on the concourse at ATL, but i ended up standing behind one of the displays waiting for my flight yesterday. they were telling people that they could sign up for the card with no annual fee, use the card to buy a bottle of water, and get a free ticket. i did gather that the free ticket was the two credits for flying roundtrip plus 14 for getting the card.. they were reeling people in with that, too... i couldn't bring myself to go talk to them, tho... :-)
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:17 am

The card hawkers are one of the major reasons I dislike flying AirTran.

All in all, still better than delta, though!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:25 pm

Programs: A+ Elite, Priority Club Gold
Mystery Credits

Speaking of the A+ Visa, when Juniper transfers the points to AirTran, does AirTran post the credits as an Amex Bonus, as follows?:

1/10/2006 AMEX Aplus Bonus AMEX Aplus Bonus Available 4.0

My first Juniper statement just closed and the thing is, it indicates 6000 points (6 credits) sent to FL, which is what's due, so I'm confused as to where these 4 credits came from.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
So I have a silly question:

If this has been the standard offer since June, how come the Airtran web site hasn't been updated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.