FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   Great Elite CS Mco-Cak!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/428722-great-elite-cs-mco-cak.html)

ctownflyer May 3, 2005 4:59 pm

Great Elite CS Mco-Cak!!!

Today the gate agent made a surprise announcement (the first that i've ever heard at least!) for all elite members to please come up to the gate for free upgrades, which 4 elite members took advantage of. i just thought it was a very nice gesture, and just wish it happened more often!
Anyone else ever exprience this?

SaveDelta May 4, 2005 6:03 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Today the gate agent made a surprise announcement (the first that i've ever heard at least!) for all elite members to please come up to the gate for free upgrades, which 4 elite members took advantage of. i just thought it was a very nice gesture, and just wish it happened more often!
Anyone else ever exprience this?

Nope, but a great reason to fly FL. They sure are trying to win me back from DL!

idahost May 5, 2005 8:57 pm

they came and got me today from coach and moved me upfront on the MDW - MCO flight, I said thanks, they said no thank you for paying our salaries...can you imagine anyone on Delta saying that...

Traveling Salesman May 6, 2005 5:19 pm

Two months ago flying out dfw to fll as I was boarding the gate agent upgraded me. Since then I have bought two more rt's on air tran that I probably would have flown delta. It’s nice to see an airline trying to make a difference. ^

wahooflyer May 6, 2005 7:32 pm

What is AirTran's official policy on elite upgrades? Do elites still have to pay the $35 or are they upgraded for free if space is available?

The only time I have ever flown AirTran (as a non-elite; I missed out on last year's comp) I missed the last flight of the day from IAD to ATL and was surprised to see myself booked in business class on the 6:20 a.m. flight the next morning. The flight was not full in coach so I don't know how or why I was upgraded.

duxfan May 16, 2005 9:31 am

Y and B fares are eligible for upgrades at time of ticketing. A link will come up on the itinerary which will open your mail program. Send the e-mail, and you usually get an e-mail back shortly with new seat assignments. All other fares are eligible for upgrades (start at $35/segment) 24 hours out. I'm flying CAK-LGA for a day trip this week, it was cheaper to buy the B fare and get the instant upgrade than it was to buy the K fare and hope for seats to left to upgrade into for $35 each way. Sometimes the folks at CAK will upgrade me for free, but I suspect its because they know me. One of the supes said that corporate is cracking down on "free" upgrades unless the flight is over booked. Then they look for elite members to pull up front, instead of the family on the $49 fare that checks in last.