AirTran or Southwest

Old Mar 20, 05, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

AirTran or Southwest

Traveling PHL to FLL. I have concerns booking with USAIR. I am trying to avoid the cattle call (no assigned seats) on SWA. Does AirTran alow you to pick seats when you book online. Thanks.
Old Mar 20, 05, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
If you aren't elite, and don't buy an expensive ticket (Business, Y, or B), you can't reserve a seat when you book. You can, however, reserve a seat when you check in on-line, up to 24 hours before flight time.
Old Mar 20, 05, 11:38 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
If you don't like the cattle call, you shouldn't have concerns about booking with US Airways. Visit their forum; there's very little chance of liquidation or flight problems that aren't routine. US Airways has just set up a hub operation at FLL, and they are trying to maintain their markets at both key cities so it'll be fine. I'm finding fares as low as $150 roundtrip on US Airways.
If you are rich, then you can buy business class on Airtran or first class on US Airways and travel more comfortably than in coach obviously. All three aren't bad options, but Airtran coach has 30" pitch while WN and US will have a couple inches more. Also, on US Airways you can fly B757 or A321, which are larger planes and personally I like better than FL's 717 and WN's 737, but it doesn't really make that much of a difference really.
have fun on your trip

Search this Thread