Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are expired drink certs accepted?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Are expired drink certs accepted?

I have 4 or 5 drink certs from Airtran with Dec 31, 2004 expiration dates on them. About half the airlines enforce those dates, and half don't care. (I've used about 10 United certs that say expired in 1986 over the past year).

Anyone tried on Airtran yet with expired certs. Been denied? Accepted? If anyone has a chance to try this, could you post your results?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:46 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Murph
I have 4 or 5 drink certs from Airtran with Dec 31, 2004 expiration dates on them. About half the airlines enforce those dates, and half don't care. (I've used about 10 United certs that say expired in 1986 over the past year).

Anyone tried on Airtran yet with expired certs. Been denied? Accepted? If anyone has a chance to try this, could you post your results?
I used two of mine on Jan 2. I'll be flying again this weekend.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:52 pm

Programs: United 1K
I've used expired Southwest drink coupons before.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:43 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by Murph

no wonder united is in trouble, accepting nearly 2 decade old drink certs. I am surprised you kept something so long!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:03 pm

This is old, but.... don't seem to recall ever hearing in training about looking at exp. dates. And never seen anyone look, and never looked myself. Too grateful that this is one drink I can just hand out and not have to fuss with the credit card machine from hell. (Best of all is when we run out of slips... oh no! Will have to just comp everyone's drink!)
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:40 pm

Usually within the first two or three months of each year, a memo will come out saying to accept the old coupons through the end of the following year. Although I haven't seen that memo come out this year, most of us never look nor care about the exp dates....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.