Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Airtan ever fly to AUS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Will Airtan ever fly to AUS?

I've never posted in this forum (so thank you in advance for your responses)but I am SO sick of having to drive to HOU or DFW to get a cheap flight to ATL, and was wondering if anyone with any "insider knowledge" could encourage me and tell me that Airtran will be coming to Austin soon, or at least someday!!? Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like it would do quite well here. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 2, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: eleVAte (Virgin America)

Last edited by Absinthe; Jul 21, 2007 at 3:35 pm
Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
That's too bad. I used to live in San Antonio and emailed AirTran at least once a quarter about starting service to the Austin/San Antonio area. We could definitely use a low fare carrier to the East. As far as San Antonio goes, AirTran could also start service from San Antonio to the West (say Los Angeles and/or San Francisco -- although UA Express now serves LAX and SFO with CRJ's).
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:27 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Absinthe
Nope- not gonna happen, at least not in the next couple of years. I have the inside scoop on FL and I know that 4 new destinations will be added in '05 (in addition to IND & CLT). There will be two new Carribean destinations and two new West Coast destinations (most likely Seattle & San Diego).
Thats not good, I was hoping for St Louis, I guess it ain't going to happen this year then.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 2:27 pm

WHere in the Carribean?

Originally Posted by Absinthe
Nope- not gonna happen, at least not in the next couple of years. I have the inside scoop on FL and I know that 4 new destinations will be added in '05 (in addition to IND & CLT). There will be two new Carribean destinations and two new West Coast destinations (most likely Seattle & San Diego).

I hope that you are right about Seattle and San Diego. (Hopefully they will fly from those cities to LAS in addition to ATL.)

Any idean on what the 2 carribean destinations will be? I would love to know. ^
Old Apr 23, 2005, 1:00 pm

Its rumored that FL has ticket counters set up in SJU .. so we ll see. That ll be great if they start flying there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.