delta vs airtran to florida

Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

delta vs airtran to florida

airtran seems to be really sticking it to Delta, one route at a time. What Delta routes to Florida are left that Airtran does not yet serve?
Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
They aren't doing ATL-DAB, ATL-MLB, ATL-GNV. These are some of the routes I fly they haven't picked up yet.

I am glad they added the SRQ route finally.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
ALERT -- In the span of a few minutes, the original poster has started around 20 threads posting similar requests for information and opinions. Perhaps he/she is sincerely interested in getting answers to these questions, but be aware of this before you spend time helping out this FTer with your thoughts and expertise.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
I love Airtran to Florida. I live in ohio and I'm fortunate enough to have a nonstop flight from DAY straight to MCO. When I don't fly Airtran, I fly Delta from DAY to ATL then to MLB.. stopping in ATL sucks in my opinion, but it's nice to not have to drive from MCO to MLB..which probably sucks more than the stop in Atlanta on Delta.. they both have their pros and cons.

Delta is starting nonstops from DAY to MCO on December 1 I believe. I think they're on Embraer jets though... I've never flown on one, but I've flown on a CRJ700 and it was ok, I don't really wanna fly on anything smaller though. Too cramped, I'd prefer a 717. Anyone have any thoughts or input about flights on Embraer jets for a newbie that's never been on one? I have a cousin who is working on his pilots licensing and told me they had problems with icing on the wings, causing some to crash in Michigan I think he said.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
I don't mind the smaller jets for a ride of an hour and a half or less. Anything more really seems cramped. The planes ride just fine, but it is much tighter, especially if its a full load. Your best hope would be for everyone to start flying DL then they may switch to a mainliner...what dreams are made of

I get down that way quite a bit as well, as it is where I grew up. Just amazing to think how MCO has transformed from the tiny airport it was in the 70's and early 80's.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
Yeah, I know the first time I was on an RJ I was thinking 'dang...this is different' It wasn't too bad though. I think what got me the most about the RJ was when I got in it (It was the 150th CRJ that Comair had made or whatever) there was what looked like smoke coming from over top of the overhead bins.. I could tell a lot of people on board hadn't flown in one either and they were concerned. It was just steam or something I guess, it was coming from the Air conditioning. That same flight we got delayed for some reason then finally boarded a half hour late, as a thunderstorm was hitting the airport..then had to wait another 18 minutes before take off so we would get to Atlanta for our arrival window, after 18 minutes you hear the engines and everything turn off.. and the captain comes on and lets us know that we're staying put for the duration of the storm, and appologized because the Air coditioning in the plane is also no longer working properly... there were A LOT of pissed off travelers that day..lol It did get pretty miserable on there sitting from 5 until about 6:30..very muggy but we survived.

I've looked at the seating arrangments for the Embraer jets, 1 by 2, I guess I'll give it a chance. When I first saw that Delta was announcing nonstop service from DAY to MCO I was thinking surely they'd be using an MD80, since it's comparable to Airtrans 717's that fly the same route.. but they apparently had other plans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.