A320 vs. B717 to Vegas ?

Old Sep 19, 2004, 7:41 am
Original Poster

A320 vs. B717 to Vegas ?

Going to Vegas tomorrow evening from Atlanta.

Per Expedia, the plane is an Airbus A320, however I know that Airtran is putting more and more of the Boeing 717s in service.

Which type of aircraft am I most likely to experience... given the distance and the fact that it is being operated by Ryan?

Thanks,

Jeff

PS - It probably won't make too much difference since I've got Seat 2D (thanks to a Upgrade), but I am curious.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 7:59 pm

Smile

Right now if you fly out of ATL nonstop to LAS you will fly the A320. If you fly through DFW you fly on the 717. the 737s are flying to SFO and LAX but I hear LAS will be the last to transition to the 737 which will take place NOV 11th.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 3:41 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rumorboy
Right now if you fly out of ATL nonstop to LAS you will fly the A320. If you fly through DFW you fly on the 717. the 737s are flying to SFO and LAX but I hear LAS will be the last to transition to the 737 which will take place NOV 11th.
The Boeing 717 is AirTran's plane of choice, the A320's, and now the new B737's are used on routes that the B717 does not have the range for. There's no risk of ending up on a B717 in other words on an ATL-LAS flight because they just don't have the range for it.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
No B717 on that route unless you stop in connect in DFW. The A320 they have on the route now is just fine. Worth the $$$ to upgrade to business though.

Have fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.