Companion Pass Report

Old Jul 20, 2004, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Thumbs up Companion Pass Report

I absolutely love AirTran's new companion pass. I've used it on two free tickets in the past two weeks easily. Burning 100 credits will pay itself off after six free flights for my wife . . . AirTran keeps getting better and the companion pass even works in Business Class. Try that on Delta!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Is this true, that the pass works for Business Class travel as well? This could really work well for small business people or couples who travel together.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 7:51 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
I absolutely love AirTran's new companion pass. I've used it on two free tickets in the past two weeks easily. Burning 100 credits will pay itself off after six free flights for my wife . . . AirTran keeps getting better and the companion pass even works in Business Class. Try that on Delta!
How does it work? Do you have to burn 100 credits for a pass for 1 year? I know on WN you just need to earn 100 credits even you spent them on free tickets, you still get CP.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by al613
How does it work? Do you have to burn 100 credits for a pass for 1 year? I know on WN you just need to earn 100 credits even you spent them on free tickets, you still get CP.
Yes, when you have 100 credits, you redeem them for an annual companion pass. They are then removed from your account and cannot be used for anything else.

Here's How to Receive Free* Companion Travel on AirTran Airways

16. Free* Companion Travel: A companion account must be established by redemption of a Companion Pass award using the sponsor’s A+ Rewards credits. The selected companion must have an A+ Rewards account; if they do not have one, an account will be established for them. The sponsor may change their companion once each quarter by contacting the A+ Rewards Member Desk at 1-888-3-A-PLUS-8 (1-888-327-5878). Sponsor and companion travel may be booked separately; however, all companion travel must be made with the sponsor on the same flights. All companion travel bookings must be made by contacting the A+ Rewards Member Desk.

Link
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:29 am

yashan,

Are there blackouts or availability restrictions on the companion seats, in either coach or business?

Also, can I purchase more than one companion pass, or can my wife then purchase a companion pass for our child?

Thanks!

Last edited by alpine; Apr 6, 2009 at 11:32 am Reason: Fix
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by alpine
yashan,

Are there blackouts or availability restrictions on the companion seats, in either coach or business?

Also, can I purchase more than one companion pass, or can my wife then purchase a companion pass for our child?

Thanks!

Not sure, alpine. As with any airline offer, I'm sure there is small print associated with it. I would suggest you call the Elite Desk and ask them. They should definitely be able to answer your questions. And if you find out, can you please come back and post in this thread to help out other FTers who are interested in the Companion Pass? Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 7:04 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
I had one for my wife a few yrs ago. What ever class I was in she was in. It did not matter how I got there. For example, If I used the last award business class seat for myself, she would still get a business seat even if they only had full fare Business left.
Or, if I received an upgrade she would upgrade as well. This all could have changed by now.

I think you can stack them as well. ie, add the kids. If you never travel alone with your kids, you might want to make the companion tide to your spouse, so (she/he) can take the kids to the in-laws without you

I think you can also change the companion name quarterly.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Now on My Fourth Companion Pass!

I've just issued my fourth companion pass for 100 credits. It is still the best. No blackout dates, no capacity controls. It's still for the same class of service (business or coach), but as an Elite that means I can pay for a B or Y class ticket and get business class at no additional charge -- she does as well.

The name can be changed once per quarter, but it is for a calendar quarter and would not recommend it unless you really have several different traveling buddies and are trying to spread the love.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:56 am

Does anyone think in the near future Southwest CP will work with Airtran travel ? Airtran has a common flight that we use that has no stops while Southwest has stops, its a real drag.........
Old Feb 24, 2013, 4:25 am
Original Poster

You can now use your Southwest companion pass on certain AirTran routes. If you can purchase the ticket on Southwest.com for an AirTran code-share flight, then it works. This has not been publicized, but it works. For example, Atlanta-Ft. Lauderdale now works when purchased on Southwest.com and booked on AirTran for companion passes. In addition, when you book on Southwest.com you get the two bags free allowance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.