Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

InsideFlyer asks: What would YOU ask A-Plus Rewards?

Old Jun 1, 04, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

A-Plus Rewards members:

InsideFlyer’s July issue is currently underway – it’s our annual “Interview” edition, where we try to get (and in some cases, actually DO get) solid, honest answers from industry executives.

AirTran has kindly agreed to participate this year, but what we want to hear from them isn’t necessarily always what you want to hear.

So we thought we’d ask you: If you could ask your program one burning question, what would it be?

Keep in mind that we are not out to trap, insult, or otherwise denigrate these people or these programs – in other words, disgruntled flamers need not apply. At the same time, though, we aren’t looking for Pollyannaish fawning, either.

Our focus primarily will be on award redemption issues, though any other good questions will certainly be considered.

If you’d like to give it a shot, post your questions here, or send them to us at [email protected]. Time is of the essence, so if you could get back to us as soon as possible, you’re more likely to have your question asked.

Thanks, and happy contrails,

Jeff Johnstone
Associate Editor
InsideFlyer
Old Jun 1, 04, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
lots of questions...
-how come there is no way to check availability(and book)an award ticket online?
-why do we have to wait 2 days just to trade in points for a flight voucher?
-why is there not a 24/7 elite phone number?
-why are there not more elite benifits in general, such as upgrades even on lower fare categories, or at least exit row priority, etc?
im sure i'll think of more questions later...
Old Jun 1, 04, 6:33 pm

Programs: CO-GLD;HH-GLD;UA-1P;F9 QuickAscent;FL Courtesy Elite
In general AirTran's website is a good effort, with some areas needing attention--online redemption, for example. Kind of like Airtran in general--good basic product, needs some refinement.

My number one questions would be:

WHat are you going to do to add partners--earning opportunities as well as usage opportunities--to enhance the program int he next year?

What are you going to do to enhance the Elite program--which is pretty hard to renew and qualify for--to make it worth the while of frequent flyers to try for?

(I would consider making the elite status more universally applied by staff also an enhancement).
Old Jun 2, 04, 4:53 pm
Original Member

My question:

You've done a great job simplifying your FF program to make it easy for everyone to understand, so much so that it looks just like Southwest's plan, which isn't a bad thing. However, unlike Southwest, why are award tickets subject to both blackout days -and- capacity controls, unlike Southwest?

When I have tried to use award tickets, my only successful attempts resulted in free seats on fares that were <$200 RT. Any attempts at flights with higher fares were rejected. If the awards are only good on the super cheap advance flights, it lowers the value of the program considerably.
Old Jun 5, 04, 12:03 am

Why don't you tell your agents about the elite program. It's no good if you keep it a secret

Also, why not fly to Austin
Old Jun 5, 04, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by dspringer28
Why don't you tell your agents about the elite program. It's no good if you keep it a secret
LMAO!!!
Old Jun 6, 04, 8:47 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Nobody is on the "same page"

Why can't you train your people together. CRD, Elite, regular line and Gate agents All have different answers. Gate agents say CRD certificates "are transferable" even though the certificate says not. CRD line says they aren't. One person says blackout dates for the holidays are until 1/3/05 another says 1/5/05. As an earlier poster said general line knows "nothing about elite program" Example-free upgrades for elites: is it midnite the day before or 24 hours before first flight OR 24 hours before actual flight segment you want to upgrade. Call 3 times, get 3 different answers.
I personally like the planes and the gate agents are terrific, but one hand has no idea what the other is doing. In short "CROSS TRAIN", or be willing to say "I don't know" then get the correct answer.
Old Jun 7, 04, 2:09 pm

When can we expect to start booking reward travel online?

Are last-minute tickets easier to get rewards booking on? I've been unsuccessful lately in booking any reward travel more than ten days in advance.

Why haven't I heard about AirTran's elite status? I fly about fifty segments per year - is that enough?
Old Oct 17, 04, 11:14 am

so did anyone read the interview/have a transcript
Old Oct 17, 04, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Will there be some sort of club room in the future?

Search this Thread