FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   Call center hours (7 am to 7 pm eastern) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/1604180-call-center-hours-7-am-7-pm-eastern.html)

flatlined Aug 19, 2014 8:29 am

Call center hours (7 am to 7 pm eastern)

When attempting to burn a last batch of A+ credits on a business class upgrade, I called midnight the day prior in order request if any business class upgrades were available. Unfortunately, the AirTran call center is now operating at reduced hours, specifically, between 7 am and 7 pm eastern. I seem to recall them being open later previously, but I don't recall the exact time window.

Am I correct that the hours have been reduced (presumably as part of the cessation of the AirTran A+ rewards program / conversion to WN), or was it always this way?

rsteinmetz70112 Aug 19, 2014 10:12 am

The hours have definitely been reduced. I don't know if it was directly related to the purchase by Southwest.

flatlined Aug 19, 2014 10:35 am

In addition to the reduced hours, it is also irksome that Southwest Airlines call center personnel cannot handle changes/modifications to existing AirTran itineraries. I am guess that it was too costly to merge the two reservation systems and it was deemed more cost-effective to just retire one (i.e., AirTran's).

rsteinmetz70112 Aug 20, 2014 9:42 am

Elite Department Suspended.

I tried to call the Elite number today and got a recording saying the A+ Desk was closed call back between 7AM and 7PM.

I called the regular number and was informed that the Elite Department has been suspended.

The A2B Desk has also been closed.

mke9499 Aug 20, 2014 10:01 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 23394845)
I tried to call the Elite number today and got a recording saying the A+ Desk was closed call back between 7AM and 7PM.

I called the regular number and was informed that the Elite Department has been suspended.

The A2B Desk has also been closed.

When I called a couple of weeks ago, I was informed that WN was now handling most inquiries and special requests. It sounded like the CSR's hands were tied and just taking calls for simple inquiries, only. I actually felt sorry for her.

rsteinmetz70112 Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am

Originally Posted by mke9499 (Post 23394965)
When I called a couple of weeks ago, I was informed that WN was now handling most inquiries and special requests. It sounded like the CSR's hands were tied and just taking calls for simple inquiries, only. I actually felt sorry for her.

I called the Southwest A-List number and they told me they couldn't help me.

steved5480 Aug 20, 2014 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 23395029)

A reasonable follow-up question might go something along the lines of "If they're gone and you can't help, can you please connect me to whoever I need to speak with to get <insert need here> taken care of?"

rsteinmetz70112 Aug 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480 (Post 23396065)
A reasonable follow-up question might go something along the lines of "If they're gone and you can't help, can you please connect me to whoever I need to speak with to get <insert need here> taken care of?"

I was actually told I would need to do it at the airport.

mke9499 Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480 (Post 23396065)

I was told to call WN's Customer Service in TX, regarding my A+Rewards account.

flatlined Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 23395029)

As an aid for others who may have similar issues, what was the general category of the issue that they couldn't help with?

steved5480 Aug 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499 (Post 23396628)
I was told to call WN's Customer Service in TX, regarding my A+Rewards account.

The RR A-List Preferred line folks can transfer you to the DAL C/S number (even if it's ringing "busy" from the outside). They don't advertise that ability, but I've had 100% success getting them to do it when I asked nicely. Doesn't seem like an unreasonable miniscule perk for A+ folks, especially given that top status on SWA doesn't really offer much compared to other carriers.

rsteinmetz70112 Aug 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by flatlined (Post 23396830)
As an aid for others who may have similar issues, what was the general category of the issue that they couldn't help with?

Valid seat assignments changes on an Airtran flight confirmed by Southwest CSA oover the phone reverted to no seat assignment at all.

More details and problems to be posted later.

melissaru Aug 20, 2014 8:17 pm

The husband and I called from Las Vegas last week at 1 p.m. local time - so 4 p.m. EST - and got the Air Tran Elite line message that they're open 7 a-7 p. Again, this was at 4 p.m. EST, so, go figure.
We were calling to use points to upgrade to biz class, so we called the regular Air Tran line, waited for a bit with the rest of the non-Elites, and had our request taken care of without any problems by an Air Tran agent.
Interestingly, even though we are both Elites and were on the same itinerary, he had already been upgraded to biz class, yet I had not (this was not a Y fare) - and there were eight empty seats. The agent had no idea or explanation as to why, but I wanted to burn some points, anyway, since I'm never flying WN, so it was no big deal to use my four points - just odd.