Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

AirTran accused of leaving 11 y.o. UM alone on locked plane at ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirTran accused of leaving 11 y.o. UM alone on locked plane at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 12:44 pm

Shouldn't this be discussed on AirTran board, or is it time to close AirTran board
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:43 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MrMan
Shouldn't this be discussed on AirTran board, or is it time to close AirTran board
Oops. I just moved this thread to AirTran. IMHO the AirTran board should stay open at least as long as its FF program exists. After that, activity would naturally decrease so there's no need to close the forum any time soon.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Oops. I just moved this thread to AirTran. IMHO the AirTran board should stay open at least as long as its FF program exists. After that, activity would naturally decrease so there's no need to close the forum any time soon.
As far as closing the Airtran Forum I think it should remain open for as long as Airtran branded flights exist - until at least the beginning of 2015. Also there are likely to be some issues with closing the A+ Rewards Program. Southwest has stated it could take several weeks to transfer all of the A+ Rewards credits to Rapid Rewards.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:10 am

Totally agree. And the WN forum is hardly offering welcoming how-do-you-do's or orientation tours.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Very confusing story.
The gate agent needs to be disciplined if that is really what he said about not knowing and not caring where the kid was.
Is the kid not that bright? She says she travelled alone before. The whole plane empties. She looks smart enough to be a kid who would ask the FA what the deal was as all the passengers leave.
Southwest said they did an inquiry and claim the kid was attended every step of the way. Really? So how the hell did she end up in the plane all alone long enough for the dad to ask the gate agent about her? Ok, so maybe the kid was not locked in as the headline claimed, but it looks like she was ignored.
if parents paid the 100 UM fee, I would demand a refund and a one way trip voucher for their trouble.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by MrMan
If I remember correctly the original headline referenced Southwest and every response referenced in the article was from Southwest. As far as I know alll ground side employees are now on the Southwesr side.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
If I remember correctly the original headline referenced Southwest and every response referenced in the article was from Southwest. As far as I know alll ground side employees are now on the Southwesr side.
That's correct about the title. I thought it was an all AirTran operation, but I guess the transition is farther along than I thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.