get 750 for linking you A+ and RR accounts.

Old May 2, 14, 10:29 am
Original Poster

get 750 for linking you A+ and RR accounts.

I just got this email from Airtran.

As part of the integration of Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways, Rapid Rewards® will be the loyalty program of the combined airline effective November 2, 2014. When the A+ Rewards Program ends, your A+ Rewards information will be transferred to Rapid Rewards and your combined activity will be reflected in your Rapid Rewards account. To facilitate this process, we have identified a Rapid Rewards account that may be yours. Please verify your A+ Rewards account(s) and your Rapid Rewards account so we can link them together. This will help ensure your A+ Rewards Credits are accurately reflected in your Rapid Rewards account once the conversion begins on November 2. Plus, if you complete this verification by May 23, 2014, you’ll earn 750 Rapid Rewards Bonus Points!
I linked my account and my wife's. The form was filled out with our correct account numbers. I had previously transferred points and credit between accounts so that makes sense. I wonder if they are doing any matching for names and addresses beyond that.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; May 2, 14 at 11:14 am
Old May 3, 14, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Was there a link provided?

I have both Southwest & long-standing Airtran accounts but did not receive this email.

I just verified both profiles had working email addresses and communications checkboxes.
Old May 3, 14, 10:02 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ElPresidente View Post
Was there a link provided?

I have both Southwest & long-standing Airtran accounts but did not receive this email.

I just verified both profiles had working email addresses and communications checkboxes.
Based on postings on the Southwest board, this email seems to either be targeted or is perhaps being released in waves over time.

I have the same account situation you describe, both with same email address & I received it Friday morning.
Old May 3, 14, 11:33 pm

Got a nearly identify email except I don't have a Southwest RR account. It says we "have not" identified an account. I'm not going to take the time to create one for what amounts to .5 AirTran credits. They can do it for me during the conversion. I plan on burning 16 of my remaining credits anyway so there won't be much to transfer.
Old May 4, 14, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123 View Post
Got a nearly identify email except I don't have a Southwest RR account. It says we "have not" identified an account. I'm not going to take the time to create one for what amounts to .5 AirTran credits. They can do it for me during the conversion. I plan on burning 16 of my remaining credits anyway so there won't be much to transfer.
Southwest has warned it may take Several Weeks to transfer A+ credits to RR points. I'm hoping this will make it much quicker.

Also if you transfer the credits yourself accordung to reports you will be able to top off to a Standard Award, which can be useful for a flight on short notice. That is a personal judgment call.
Old May 4, 14, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
Southwest has warned it may take Several Weeks to transfer A+ credits to RR points. I'm hoping this will make it much quicker.

Also if you transfer the credits yourself accordung to reports you will be able to top off to a Standard Award, which can be useful for a flight on short notice. That is a personal judgment call.
I'll have one AirTran credit left after the redemptions I'm doing, so not too worried about it.
Old May 9, 14, 7:44 am

I still haven't received this email for any of the 4 accounts in my family. Anyone, call in and have CSR manually link them and get the bonus?
Old Jul 21, 14, 10:08 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Offer is now reduced to 500 points.

Even though I've already confirmed the information (and received 750 bonus points), I received a new email.

As part of the integration of Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways, Rapid Rewards® will be the loyalty program of the combined airline effective November 2, 2014. When the A+ Rewards Program ends, your A+ Rewards information will be transferred to Rapid Rewards and your combined activity will be reflected in your Rapid Rewards account. To facilitate this process, we have identified a Rapid Rewards account that may be yours. Please verify your A+ Rewards account(s) and your Rapid Rewards account so we can link them together. This will help ensure your A+ Rewards Credits are accurately reflected in your Rapid Rewards account once the conversion begins on November 2, 2014. Plus, if you complete this verification by August 13, 2014, you’ll earn 500 Rapid Rewards Bonus Points!
Old Jul 21, 14, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

This was also reported on the Southwest Forum.
Old Jul 21, 14, 5:05 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Did mine today.
Old Jul 21, 14, 5:12 pm

Why make AirTran Elites re-apply for the integrated program?

UA/CO and DL/NW harmonized accounts w/no en bloc sign-ups.

The merger handshake:

Old Jul 21, 14, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LegalTender View Post

The merger handshake:

Because Southwest IT is underfunded and incompetent. Plus management hopes a lot of this liability gets left on the table.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Jul 22, 14 at 9:26 am
Old Jul 22, 14, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender View Post

The merger handshake:

When NW and DL merged, DL assigned me a new SkyMiles number, to take the place of my WorldPerks account; they did not associate my WorldPerks account info with my existing SkyMiles account info.

I had to contact them to delete the new DL account and link my existing SkyMiles account with the WorldPerks account.

The account info for both accounts was essentially the same.

Last edited by mke9499; Jul 27, 14 at 8:37 pm
Old Jul 24, 14, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I must have missed the original 750 points offer, but I was at least able to get in on the 500 point one. They posted earlier this week
Old Aug 15, 14, 11:41 am

The offer is now reduced to 250. Soon it will be going, going, gone.

So glad I didn't wait and got the 750!

Search this Thread