Wiki Posts
Search

A+ Rewards to Terminate November 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:11 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by kidstwo
My question in regards to your earlier response is why you recommend a transfer back to WN after you transfer them once to Airtran? You mention reset of exp date but I thought the exp date would be reset for one year when the 16 WN credits are converted to a WN Standard Reward?
You are right. My mistake.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
You are right. My mistake.
Thanks nsx-I just wanted to make certain I wasn't missing something
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:52 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by nsx
Transfer points to bring your credits up to 16 now. Buy points in the current sale if you need to. Then move the 16 credits to AirTran, back to Southwest (resetting their expiration), then back to AirTran. Leave them there and they will become points in November.
Actually I think you need to:

1. Transfer your existing credits to AirTran if they are not there already.
2. Transfer enough RR points to AirTran to reach a total of 16 AirTran credits. Buy points as necessary (at 25% off in April and May) to get enough for this operation.
3. Move 16 AirTran points to Southwest to reset expiration.
4. Move 16 RR credits back to AirTran and leave them there.
5. On November 2 or shortly thereafter you will have 19200 RR points.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
5. On November 2 or shortly thereafter you will have 19200 RR points.
That depends on how you define "shortly". Southwest has said it may take "several weeks" to complete the transfer.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
That depends on how you define "shortly". Southwest has said it may take "several weeks" to complete the transfer.
Likely that's the bulk of A+ credits not those transferred by Customers. As the current method seems to work rather quickly.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
So just to be clear.. I am going to take my 16 A+ credits , transfer to RR to reset their expiration dates, then transfer back to A+ and let the conversion transfer automatically in November and all the points will be converted to RR and have a year to expire?

Presently my A+ 16 points expire at different dates and are all over the place from April 2015 to Dec. 2015
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:41 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by duranza
So just to be clear.. I am going to take my 16 A+ credits , transfer to RR to reset their expiration dates, then transfer back to A+ and let the conversion transfer automatically in November and all the points will be converted to RR and have a year to expire?
I expect they will have 2 years to expire.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Received an email for an extra 750 bonus points for linking accounts since I had not done so ( went on vacation last 10 days)
I have yet to transfer the A+ reward points.. will do sometime this week.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
I expect they will have 2 years to expire.
Points don't expire, @:-)

As long as you earn some NEW points within two the years all of the OLD points will remain valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.