Exit row seat on 737 700

Old Feb 18, 14, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, Marriott rewards, United, American
Exit row seat on 737 700

Just booked a window exit row seat on a mdw-atl flt for $30. How is the legroom for a window seat. Does the exit door take up extra space?

Also, how much does it cost upgrade to bc on a mdw-atl flt? Is this even possible on a wn booked ticket? Thx.
Old Feb 18, 14, 1:26 pm

If you booked on Southwest.com you can upgrade to Business Select, but I think you'd have to pay the full fare difference. I don't think you can take advantage of the Airtran per segment upgrade policy, but you can ask at the airport.
Old Feb 18, 14, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak, Marriott rewards, United, American
Thanks

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
If you booked on Southwest.com you can upgrade to Business Select, but I think you'd have to pay the full fare difference. I don't think you can take advantage of the Airtran per segment upgrade policy, but you can ask at the airport.
Thank you. I sure don't want to pay that much. Exit row should be fine.
Old Mar 24, 14, 2:10 pm

Programs: AirTran Elite, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by steve4031 View Post
Just booked a window exit row seat on a mdw-atl flt for $30. How is the legroom for a window seat. Does the exit door take up extra space?

Also, how much does it cost upgrade to bc on a mdw-atl flt? Is this even possible on a wn booked ticket? Thx.
I'm 6'8 and an Airtran Elite since 2008. I've flown in that row nearly 100 times.
Plenty of legroom -- there were times I would even refuse an upgrade to 1A or 1F to keep my Row 18 seat there.

I usually do aisle, but I don't remember the window being a problem due to the door.

Search this Thread