Current A+Rewards Elite benefits

Old Dec 30, 13, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Current A+Rewards Elite benefits

Are membership cards/bag tags still being automatically sent to newly qualified Elites?

I have an associate who will soon qualify as Elite, and whom I told to expect the card and tags. Since it's been awhile since I went through this, I was not absolutely sure about the current scenario. If they will be sent, how long does it typically take?

The website does have a place to request membership cards.

Last edited by mke9499; Dec 30, 13 at 11:55 am
Old Dec 30, 13, 11:48 am

They are supposed to be sent, but I haven't gotten them the last two years. My wife did get hers, although it takes a while. I don't think they are sending bag tags any longer.
Old Dec 31, 13, 12:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
I've gotten the packet the past three years - including drink tickets. So far, neither my husband nor I have received anything and since we're a day out from the new year, I'm guessing we won't. He did, however, receive a WN mailing with four drink tickets and was apparently downgraded to regular Rapid Rewards, despite taking 10 miserable trips on the flying bus in 2013.
Old Dec 31, 13, 7:12 am

The drink coupons are probably for the 10 flights on Southwest.

Each year when Southwest resets Rapid Rewards I have had to call Airtran and have it reinstated, even though I had re-qualified for Elite.

This year I am booking my flights through Southwest.com to get A-List, but will be taking as many Airtran flights as I can as long as they last.

Search this Thread