Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using electronics during take-off and landing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

It ain't happened yet, as of today. I'm just leaving this here so others don't get disappointed, and in the hopes of hearing when it does happen (hoping before Christmas travel!).

When I asked the flight attendant said they weren't in the 'pilot program' and that they hadn't updated their procedures yet.

Last edited by Rabidstoat; Nov 9, 2013 at 7:02 pm Reason: Clarifying!
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yup, unlike other carriers, FL needs to update its safety & security policy, file it with the FAA and then distribute it to all crew, update its website, inform CSRs and the like.

Given how well the merger integration has gone with WN, don't hold your breath for anything.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:32 am

Why would Airtran be different that the other carriers?

DL UA US AA all managed to get it done in a few days. Regionals are taking a little longer.

Delta has apparently managed to get the former Airtran 717 approved. They just started flying those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.