FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   Calling AirTran to use business vouchers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/1499861-calling-airtran-use-business-vouchers.html)

duranza Sep 3, 2013 10:49 am

Calling AirTran to use business vouchers

So I have a flight out on award tickets on Thursday and I can call at midnight tonight to try to use them ( bonus for getting their Credit Card)

I see lots of seats available on the first leg of the trip from BUF to ATL but only 2 available from ATL to SFO.

2 questions?

Has anyone called before midnight to get their upgrade ? Say 11:50pm? to beat out the crowd?

Are the business upgrade vouchers for both legs of the trip or only one?

thanks for any other advice.

PancakeGames Sep 3, 2013 6:55 pm

Some agents are ok with beating the crowd, others aren't. It's been difficult lately to get through sometimes on the phone. Just be sure to call the A+ Rewards line.

Each voucher is good for all legs of a one-way flight.

duranza Sep 4, 2013 7:37 am

Well I called the A+ phone number listed on the voucher and I got a recording telling me office hours are from 7am to 12 am and I was calling at 11:58 pm

Finally after getting through the reservations number I was able to get 3 out of the 4 F class seats and then got moved up to the second row in coach .

rsteinmetz70112 Sep 4, 2013 7:45 am

Keep Checking - right up to departure. Put the seat map for the missing flight on your phone or computer or whatever and check it often. Many people who purchase F Seats often reschedule at the last minute.

Twice in the last week I've gotten free upgrades when the seat maps previously showed all seats taken, once just minutes before I got my seat.

On a recent trip on another airline I was unable to get seats together with my wife, until I was sitting in the gate for my departure. I changed the seats sitting in the terminal.

duranza Sep 4, 2013 8:07 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 21386874)
Keep Checking - right up to departure. Put the seat map for the missing flight on your phone or computer or whatever and check it often. Many people who purchase F Seats often reschedule at the last minute.

Twice in the last week I've gotten free upgrades when the seat maps previously showed all seats taken, once just minutes before I got my seat.

On a recent trip on another airline I was unable to get seats together with my wife, until I was sitting in the gate for my departure. I changed the seats sitting in the terminal.

ok.. well I checked this morning and there are no business seats available for sale but the seat map still shows one seat open , I was told by the agent that just means the person has not selected a seat ( really?) I usually select a seat right after booking.
I don't have an iphone but I will check as often as I can and once we get to the airport. thanks.

mke9499 Sep 4, 2013 10:10 am

Originally Posted by duranza (Post 21386980)
ok.. well I checked this morning and there are no business seats available for sale but the seat map still shows one seat open , I was told by the agent that just means the person has not selected a seat ( really?) I usually select a seat right after booking.
I don't have an iphone but I will check as often as I can and once we get to the airport. thanks.

If the flight is available for sale at WN as a code share, a BS booking entitles the customer to a seat in BC on FL. However, that BC seat is assigned at time of check-in, so it won"t show usually until T-24.

rsteinmetz70112 Sep 4, 2013 10:19 am

One other thing about using vouchers. I don't believe the GA can book them. I think you have to call the 800 number to use them.

duranza Sep 4, 2013 11:29 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 21387786)
One other thing about using vouchers. I don't believe the GA can book them. I think you have to call the 800 number to use them.

I have done that.. I was able to get 3 out of 4 BC seats, just one leg of the trip I am sitting in coach and husband in bus.

rsteinmetz70112 Sep 4, 2013 2:40 pm

I meant if you get right down to the wire. I don't think you will be able to walk up to the desk and get a seat. You will still need to call the 800 number from the airport.

He makes you ride in the back?

duranza Sep 4, 2013 3:12 pm

Lol no, I. Made the choice of him being up front, he has a bum hip and uses a cane

EWR-6785 Sep 5, 2013 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by duranza (Post 21386834)
Well I called the A+ phone number listed on the voucher and I got a recording telling me office hours are from 7am to 12 am and I was calling at 11:58 pm

I had the same thing happen last week. Apparently their hours are reduced now, I think 8 am to 9 pm ET, but they haven't updated the after hours recording yet. Frustrating.

traveller001 Sep 6, 2013 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499 (Post 21387729)
If the flight is available for sale at WN as a code share, a BS booking entitles the customer to a seat in BC on FL. However, that BC seat is assigned at time of check-in, so it won"t show usually until T-24.

A BC fare purchased through a third party TA also normally doesn't get a seat assignment at booking. Either the Agent or Customer could log in to Airtran.com with the PNR and choose seats after booking. Some don't.