Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

4 A+ reward for spending $1000 on Airtran CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Did anyone else get this?

Your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards Credit Card makes it easier to get away. Enroll by August 15, 2013 to accelerate your rewards with a special bonus.

Here's how easy it is:

1. Enroll online with your A+ Rewards Credit Card
by August 15, 2013. You can also enroll by phone using enrollment
code xxxxxxxxxx
2. Make $1,000 in purchases from July 1–August 31, 2013.
3. Get 4 A+ Rewards Credits added to your account.

I had a question on the terms. It says:

To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must log on to the website referenced in this offer and enroll by 8/15/13. You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after qualifying transactions post to your account for bonus A+ Rewards Credits to post to your AirTran® Airways A+ Rewards account. You do not earn bonus A+ Rewards Credits on balance transfers, any checks that are used to access your account, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable.

What do they mean when they say "Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer."

???
Old Jun 22, 2013, 6:36 am

I got it

Don't know what the qualifier means...I suspect that the expected case is that you spend the money, you get the points, Anything else would open Chase up to an accusation of participating in a deceptive business practice.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Warning! Conflicting terms!

Hi all,

I also received this. The e-mail is exactly as BillyBaloney quoted, including Step 3 "Make $1000 in purchases from July 1 - August 31, 2013".

HOWEVER

When you click on the link to sign up, the page says:

Just spend $1000 with your A+ Rewards Credit Card from July 1 - August 15, 2013

(Bolding mine)

I signed up, but I'm going to make sure that my spending is done between July 1st and August 15th. Of course, I'm also saving the e-mail with the offer, just in case.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
Didn't get this e-mail. Pretty disappointed. Solid offer.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Bummer. I didn't receive, either.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:37 am

I also got the email, had the card since Nov 12. Hit min spend and havent used since.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:16 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by LowRoller
I also got the email, had the card since Nov 12. Hit min spend and havent used since.
Stopping spending entirely seems to be the ticket to getting one of these targeted offers. One of my family's cards did this and got the offer. On another card I spent small amounts a couple times in recent months. That card didn't get the offer.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
So are these 4 bonus credits? In that case might as well spend $1200 and get 5 credits.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
I used this card only for the bonus, then paid 1 annual fee as I had a big 0% balance transfer on it.

Anyways, I got a postcard offer.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I think these are bonus credits, so you need to look on your statement and see how much $$$ to spend to hit another credit. The first time around, if you were smart and spent $2400, to get the additional 2 credits (1 per $1200), you're better off spending $1200 instead of $1000 to get a 5th credit as well.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Actually, now that I think about it, all the details that I posted above about my history with the card are irrelevant, as that was all with the Barclay's card, and this offer is from Chase.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: Far too many
Originally Posted by slickvik
I think these are bonus credits, so you need to look on your statement and see how much $$$ to spend to hit another credit. The first time around, if you were smart and spent $2400, to get the additional 2 credits (1 per $1200), you're better off spending $1200 instead of $1000 to get a 5th credit as well.
You are speaking of the "total rewards dollars remaining" line?

You want that amount to reach 1200 to transfer to another credit?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by travel light
You are speaking of the "total rewards dollars remaining" line?

You want that amount to reach 1200 to transfer to another credit?
Yes
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Mine posted today right around 6 weeks. I spent $1000.00 (no more, no less) and they gave me 5 A+ rewards.

Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Mine posted today right around 6 weeks. I spent $1000.00 (no more, no less) and they gave me 5 A+ rewards.

Was any of that spend on AirTran or AirTran partners (thus generating double points)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.