Getting A+ Points Back

Old May 31, 13, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Getting A+ Points Back

My wife was booking a trip recently and noticed that all the flights to our destination were on SWA so she transferred 32 A+ credits to SWA. She later learned that the were many restrictions for using these points and now has transferrer's remorse. Plus she lost 2 business class upgrades too.
Is there a way to get these credits back to AirTran?
Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 1, 13, 7:57 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
You can transfer back to Airtran just as you transfered to Southwest :

https://www.southwest.com/flight/log...transfer-login
Old Jun 2, 13, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. Between posting and waiting for a response, she called Airtran and was told that the A+ credits cannot be transferred back to Airtran. Why not? Response: You can't.
Go figure.
Old Jun 2, 13, 6:56 pm

Programs: No change fees keep me tied to WN. Choice and Marriott hotels primarily.
It's not surprising, in this complicated environment, that CSA's would be wrong. You can definitely transfer both ways as many times as you choose.
Old Jun 2, 13, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 View Post
It's not surprising, in this complicated environment, that CSA's would be wrong. You can definitely transfer both ways as many times as you choose.
In the Terms and Conditions for transferring points, under General, the final wording states: "All transactions are final and cannot be reversed."
Old Jun 3, 13, 5:15 am

It is true that this is what is stated. It is not a rule that is upheld.
Old Jun 3, 13, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by lougord99 View Post

True. Rules seem to change everyday. It would be hard for any one person to try and keep up with all the changes all the time.
Old Jun 5, 13, 11:32 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Hilton Gold, OA and hotels, member
https://www.southwest.com/account/ra...transfer-login

It may be true that you can't "reverse" the transaction, but you can certainly send the 2 WN credits/vouchers that you created back to your A+ account and they will (almost) instantly credit you with another 32 A+ credits.
Old Jun 6, 13, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by cooger72 View Post
It may be true that you can't "reverse" the transaction, but you can certainly send the 2 WN credits/vouchers that you created back to your A+ account and they will (almost) instantly credit you with another 32 A+ credits.
At the risk of being pedantic, you cannot send ' 2 WN credits/vouchers' and get 32 A+ vouchers. You could send 16 credits/vouchers or 2 1-way awards and get 16 A+ credits.

Search this Thread