Privacy Curtains between Business and Coach

Old May 10, 13, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Privacy Curtains between Business and Coach

Heads up. The curtains between business and coach have been removed on all aircraft. Must be to prepare passengers for the WN look.
Old May 10, 13, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Saw that last night flying SAT-ATL-MCI. Wonder how soon they will take out Biz Class altogether.
Old May 10, 13, 7:29 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
What is the goddamn point? I dont need a curtain in the aisle section. But it is nice to be in the 3rd row and rest in peace. with the curtain behind your seat Is it really such a long process to remove the curtains later on?
Old May 10, 13, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by saneman View Post
What is the goddamn point? I dont need a curtain in the aisle section. But it is nice to be in the 3rd row and rest in peace. with the curtain behind your seat Is it really such a long process to remove the curtains later on?
So they can distance us from the great things that Airtran was, and slowly/eventually drag Airtran down to Southwest standards
Old May 10, 13, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's all part of the Kettlization process.
Old May 11, 13, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Wow, and I thought the removal of XM because of "weight" was the pettiest thing they could have done. I mean, really, what IS the point until biz class is totally removed??
Old May 12, 13, 6:42 pm

I like AirTran business very much. But having a curtain separating economy from business was a joke. In row 3 one can often feel the seat move as the coach passenger behind grabs the seat or pushes their knees against the seat while trying to stretch.
Old May 13, 13, 2:08 pm

Well, it's about time to use my remaining Airtran credits and business class upgrade vouchers.

Very disappointing. I fly both AirTran and Southwest and I like the differences between the two. Business class SHOULD be seperated even with just a curtain.
Old May 13, 13, 7:12 pm

A couple FA's told me the curtains were removed because of the single operating certificate. Southwest has an FAA certificate specifying a single-cabin configuration. Curtains created a minor language question which they pre-emptively resolved.

FL serving liquor minis in BC without caps was part of the same better-safe-than-sorry rule compliance. Seems a bit questionable - since legacies sell capped minis in Y.

I have no basis to confirm or refute any of the above hearsay.
Old May 19, 13, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Curtains between Business and Coach

I can confirm that I noticed the same thing today on two AirTran flights -- no curtain. I also was a little surprised that BS had no seat outlets. Maybe it's always been that way on AirTran. It was my first flight on AirTran since the merger announcement.
Old Jun 25, 13, 11:02 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Hilton Gold, OA and hotels, member
Business Class privacy curtains

Has anyone else noticed these have gone missing? They were taken down on both of the flights I was on over the weekend. I'd always though they were kind of pointless until now, but it really is a different feel from one that almost feels like it's separated to it just being one big happy LUV family.
Old Jun 25, 13, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Yes, someone noticed last month and reported it here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtr...ess-coach.html
Old Jun 25, 13, 11:33 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
A couple of weeks ago my outbound had no curtains, while the return still had them. So, I don't think they have all been removed, yet.
Old Jun 25, 13, 2:10 pm

Pretty lame decision. Doesn't make business class seem as good as coach anymore.
Old Jun 26, 13, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
Pretty lame decision. Doesn't make business class seem as good as coach anymore.
I think that's what they are going for.

Search this Thread