Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

should I transfer family points to my acct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Daughter and spouse each have one credit in their accounts due to expire May 13. "I" have the "soon to be dissolved" Barclay card whereby my points stay active two years. If I transfer their points into my account (for $19 each credit), will those credits now expire May 2014?

I received a letter that Barclaycard Airtran cards would be transferred to Chase late April but it did not specify if one of the perks was still the two year active credits.

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:51 pm

I believe when transferred they retain the original expiration date that they had in the account they were transferred from. They don't get a new expiration date based on your status as a credit card holder.

That was our experience when we transferred some from my in-laws to DWs account a couple years ago. So there would be no benefit in transferring unless you can use them before their current expiration.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.