Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More A+ Redemptions on Other Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

No More A+ Redemptions on Other Airlines

Not that I ever thought this was the best use of credits, but it looks like Airtran is no longer going to allow you to redeem your A+ rewards for a flight on another airline starting tomorrow:

Dear dangw20,

February has proven to be a very busy month for A+ Rewardssm and AirTran® Airways as we continue on our journey to bring AirTran and Southwest Airlines® together as one combined airline and brand. In this edition of our integration update, I want to a) touch on a significant integration milestone, b) make you aware of a program update, and c) let you know about the latest way to earn more A+ Rewards Credits fast.

As you may know, Southwest and AirTran recently announced that we have begun to connect our two route networks, which is an important milestone in the integration of our two brands. As an A+ Rewards Member, this larger network means that you will now have the ability to book Southwest flight segments connecting to an AirTran itinerary when purchasing through AirTran channels. Even better, you can earn and redeem A+ Rewards Credits for these shared itinerary flights. To learn more, you can view a list of Frequently Asked Questions related to AirTran shared itineraries.

In addition, you can now purchase AirTran flight segments through Southwest channels, and Rapid Rewards® Members will be able to earn or redeem Rapid Rewards currency for these shared itinerary flights. If you aren’t yet enrolled in the Rapid Rewards Program, we encourage you to join now and earn up to 750 points*.

With the connection of AirTran and Southwest networks and the ability to transfer your A+ Rewards Credits to Rapid Rewards Credits through Rewards Conversion, you now have more destinations and opportunities to redeem your A+ Rewards Credits. Given this development, we have made the decision to end the redemption option for flights on airlines other than AirTran or Southwest. Effective March 1, 2013, Members will not be able to redeem A+ Rewards Credits for flights on another airline. Any vouchers/rewards issued prior to March 1, 2013 will be honored for one year from the issue date. Again, this program change doesn’t impact your ability to use your A+ Rewards Credits for AirTran flights or transfer them with Rewards Conversion for use on Southwest flights.

Now that your A+ Rewards Credits can be used for AirTran shared itinerary flights to more destinations, I want to make sure you are aware of the latest way to earn credits quicker. Through May 15, 2013, you can earn double credits for AirTran flights and shared itinerary flights booked through AirTran channels. All you need to do is register for the promotion by logging in to your AirTran A+ Rewards account, book your flights through AirTran channels, and complete your travel by May 15, 2013, and you could get to that next reward flight twice as fast!

We’ve already made great strides in 2013 as we continue to work through the integration process, and will continue to keep you updated on our progress.

We look forward to seeing you onboard an AirTran or Southwest flight soon!

Sincerely,

Kevin Krone
Chief Marketing Officer
Southwest Airlines
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 pm

And they gave FL elites a charitable four hours notice.

Surprisingly indulgent.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
And they gave FL elites a charitable four hours notice.

Surprisingly indulgent.
Seriously. I wonder how many travel vouchers were redeemed today. Their site probably crashed LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.