Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking with WN flying FL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Booking with WN flying FL

I went to book a flight today on WN and it now shows I can book a FL flight through their site. All the way through the checkout it states free bags, I don't want to be surprised when it is time to check in with bag fees since I will be on an Airtran labeled plane.

Has anyone read about this policy?

Thanks much
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:30 am

You should be good to go.

Fees for the first and second checked bag are waived for any itinerary purchased through an AirTran channel that includes a Southwest segment. But all other fee charges will be based on the fee structure for the carrier with which the customer makes the booking.

Did you pick your seat?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you! I did just find my answer on The Southwest board.
I actually already had the flight booked on WN and a better time came up flying with FL for less points.

It states "Airtran has assigned seating. You will be assigned a seat and have the opportunity to change the seat once you arrive at the airport." I'm hoping to use Business class upgrade vouchers that I already have though.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, DL Plat
Originally Posted by gammieflyer
Thank you! I did just find my answer on The Southwest board.
I actually already had the flight booked on WN and a better time came up flying with FL for less points.

It states "Airtran has assigned seating. You will be assigned a seat and have the opportunity to change the seat once you arrive at the airport." I'm hoping to use Business class upgrade vouchers that I already have though.
As an FL Elite, I am wondering how to get exit row seat assignments ahead of time for flights booked on WN? Does FL expect to assign preflight upgrades utilizing their current procedure? There is no verification of FL status when booking through WN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.