Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double A+Rewards credits - Book & travel 02/14/2013 - 05/15/2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Similar to WN 2x promo. Must register prior to booking travel. Log-in to your account to view and register for offer.

http://www.aplusrewards.com/aplus/Pr...?key=DBL201302

Get double A+ Rewards℠ credits when you book your flight through AirTran® Airways and travel between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013. With this offer, you will earn two credits for every one-way Coach flight (four credits roundtrip)!

Purchase Business Class Fares during this promotion, and you’ll earn even more credits! The standard 1.5 credits earned from purchasing a Business Class Fare though AirTran® Airways becomes three credits for each one-way (six credits roundtrip).

Details:

•Register for this promotion between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013.
•Book your flights through AirTran® Airways between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013.
•Complete your flight between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Promotion expanded to 2x credits for elite qualification

This expanded promo now parallels WN's current promo.

NEW! Double A+ Rewards Credits Toward Elite Status Qualification Terms and Conditions: Effective March 7, 2013, Member will be eligible to earn double A+ Rewards Credits toward Elite status qualification for flights booked through AirTran Airways and completed between March 7, 2013 and May 15, 2013. Member must register for this promotion between March 7 and May 15, 2013. Members who have already registered to earn double A+ Credits between February 14, 2013 and March 6, 2013 will be automatically registered for this promotion, and additional registration is not required. Registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Travel must be booked through AirTran Airways between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013. Travel must be completed between March 7, 2013 and May 15, 2013. A+ Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Member will receive one bonus credit toward Elite status qualification for every one-way Coach flight. Member will receive 1.5 bonus credits toward Elite status qualification for every one-way Business Class flight. Bonus credit(s) toward Elite status qualification are in addition to the standard credit(s) earned through A+ Rewards toward Elite status qualification. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. AirTran Airways operated flights booked through Southwest Airlines® are not eligible for promotion. Please allow up to three weeks for A+ Bonus Credits toward Elite status qualification to post to your account. All A+ Rewards terms and conditions apply.
Double A+ Rewards Credits Terms and Conditions: Member must register for this promotion between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations only. Travel must be booked through AirTran® Airways between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013. Travel must be completed between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013. AirTran account number must be entered at the time of booking. Member will receive one bonus credit for every one-way Coach flight. Member will receive 1.5 bonus credits for every one-way Business Class flight. Bonus credits are in addition to the standard credit(s) earned through A+ Rewards. Bonus A+ Credit(s) for flights completed between February 14, 2013 and March 6, 2013 will not count toward Elite status. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. AirTran Airways operated flights booked through Southwest Airlines® are not eligible for promotion. Please allow up to three weeks for A+ Bonus Credits to post to your account.All A+ Rewards terms and conditions apply.

Last edited by mke9499; Mar 7, 2013 at 8:12 pm
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Can we book with an OTA and benefit from this?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 6:16 am
Original Poster

According to terms & conditions:

Travel must be booked through AirTran Airways between February 14, 2013 and May 15, 2013.
It does not say "on AirTran Airways," it says "through AirTran Airways." So, I would say no OTA bookings for this promo.

There is also an exclusion for FL flights booked thru WN.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold
Thanks mke9499 -- I think you saved my some trouble of redeeming Citi TYN points for some flights and finding out later that I wouldn't get double/double!

Quick question -- how valuable has Airtran Elite status been as of late? I'm in BOS and frequently fly BOS-ATL, so I'm tempted given they haven't closed down the non-stops yet.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pykerl
Quick question -- how valuable has Airtran Elite status been as of late? I'm in BOS and frequently fly BOS-ATL, so I'm tempted given they haven't closed down the non-stops yet.
Elite benefits and my opinions on value/useage:

Complimentary Business Class upgrades from all coach fares available at gate 40 minutes prior to departure ^
Automatic upgrades at time of booking for Y and B fares
2-year redemption period for all A+ Rewards credits earned after Elite status is attained ^
First and second bag fees waived ^
Complimentary seat assignments at time of booking on all fare classes ^
Dedicated customer service phone number ^
Dedicated check-in lines and security entrances at select airports ^
Guaranteed full fare coach seat on any flight Never had to use
Higher priority stand-by status Never had to use
Complimentary transfer of A+ Rewards credits to other accounts
Change and cancellation fees waived for Y, B, and M fares ^
Complimentary one-year fee-waived Hertz #1 Club Gold® membership

The challenge is finding flights on FL metal for your itineraries. If that is not an issue, then it's very worthwhile. The next schedule extension is due in May. I presume that will transition more routes over to WN.
Old May 16, 2013, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Extended until 06/12/2013

Beginning March 7, 2013, you can also earn double A+ Rewards℠ Credits toward your Elite status qualification! Get two credits for every one-way Coach flight and three credits for every one-way Business Class flight you book through AirTran® Airways and complete by June 12, 2013.

Members who have already registered for the below promotion will automatically be registered for this new promotion. If you have not yet registered to receive double credits for your flights booked through AirTran Airways, please register...

Get double A+ Rewards℠ Credits when you book your flight through AirTran® Airways and travel between February 14, 2013 and June 12, 2013. With this offer, you will earn two credits for every one-way Coach flight (four credits roundtrip)!

Purchase Business Class Fares during this promotion, and you’ll earn even more credits! The standard 1.5 credits earned from purchasing a Business Class Fare though AirTran® Airways becomes three credits for each one-way (six credits roundtrip).

Details:

Register for this promotion between February 14, 2013 and June 12, 2013.
Book your flights through AirTran® Airways between February 14, 2013 and June 12, 2013.
Complete your flight between February 14, 2013 and June 12, 2013.
Other T&C apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.