Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Extension

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Silver, JetBlue Mosaic
Originally Posted by PA42
Actually it is.

Why dont you post a screenshot of MDW-CUN on 8/20/13 + the front homepage of airtran.com and report your findings here if you believe it to not be true. Like I said, wait for inventory to load completely and have some patience while everything syncs up.
PA42, you're one of my very favorites on FlyerTalk, really. I truly appreciate your insider's view when we're given confusing info by resources at AirTran that face the general public. The telephone agents were not helpful, so I popped over here and there you were with info!

Don't get why you think I should I research and post a screen shot MDW-CUN? I'm not making such a trip. The city pairs I was seeking were not loaded by Sat. Feb. 2 noon. I wasn't hoping to test the booking system randomly until I got a hit; I wanted to book actual travel for an Aug. 15 departure.

I hear what you're saying: a schedule extension announced for Jan. isn't an AirTran fail if it hasn't happened by noon on Feb. 2 (AKA January 33, 2013). It's that we were not sufficiently patient = customer failure. Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:16 am

For all who have been waiting, it looks like many fare buckets have now been loaded. Book away!

Process just beginning. Some nonstops still have only Y loaded in Coach for same route, same day of travel, as others that have all fare buckets loaded.

Keep checking back for this work in progress.

Last edited by mke9499; Feb 3, 2013 at 7:28 am
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:51 pm

I see they are loaded now but only until Sept 27. Any idea why only extended a month?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
I hear what you're saying: a schedule extension announced for Jan. isn't an AirTran fail if it hasn't happened by noon on Feb. 2 (AKA January 33, 2013). It's that we were not sufficiently patient = customer failure. Thanks!
Im saying if you nitpick things that are estimates to the hour sometimes you may be disappointed. Of course I am not talking here about on time performance or bag loss ratios ^

What I can tell you that with any of these schedule extensions there is no metric that can gauge at what exact hour you will see the changes (there are however historical estimates). I cant get into the specifics of that statement though so you will have to take my word for it

Im not exactly why someone put down January for the schedule extension on the front page. Unfortunately I dont control the world, but if I did I would fix that Let me add that timelines sometimes change as well for unforeseen events.

I see they are loaded now but only until Sept 27. Any idea why only extended a month?
Are you inquiring about why it is that specific date or why it is "only" 6 weeks more?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by PA42
Im saying if you nitpick things that are estimates to the hour sometimes you may be disappointed. Of course I am not talking here about on time performance or bag loss ratios ^

What I can tell you that with any of these schedule extensions there is no metric that can gauge at what exact hour you will see the changes (there are however historical estimates). I cant get into the specifics of that statement though so you will have to take my word for it

Im not exactly why someone put down January for the schedule extension on the front page. Unfortunately I dont control the world, but if I did I would fix that Let me add that timelines sometimes change as well for unforeseen events.

Why only 6 weeks more? They usually will extend more then 6 weeks at a time.

Are you inquiring about why it is that specific date or why it is "only" 6 weeks more?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.