Award Ticket question

Old Jan 16, 13, 9:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Award Ticket question

Can't believe I don't know this:

If I book an award ticket using A+ rewards and for some reason I can't go , can I get it credited back? Or extended/valid for some length of time? Or am I simply out of luck?

Thanks, bb
Old Jan 17, 13, 7:22 am

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
Can't believe I don't know this:

If I book an award ticket using A+ rewards and for some reason I can't go , can I get it credited back? Or extended/valid for some length of time? Or am I simply out of luck?

Thanks, bb
Here's what AirTran's web site says:
"Once a reward ticket has been issued, any subsequent reissues are subject to change fees as per the carrier’s contract of carriage."
But in my experience, one change is free, so if there is another trip you can take, that's a way to go. I don't think there's any way just to get the credits redeposited.
Old Jan 17, 13, 9:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks. I was scanning the website for what you posted, and then I found this:

frequently asked questions
Redeeming A+ Credits

What happens to my A+ Rewards credits if I cancel a Reward flight?

Your A+ credits will automatically be re-deposited to your account. Should you have A+ Rewards credits that have past their expiration date, those A+ credits will not be re-deposited. Please allow up to 72 hours for this process. If you believe your account is not current or have any other questions, please call the A+ Help Desk at or send an e-mail.

But I've never heard of this before. Can anyone confirm that they canceled a flight, and all the A+ credits were redeposited back? And for free or for $75?
Old Jan 17, 13, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select

Redeeming A+ Credits

Your A+ credits will automatically be re-deposited to your account. Should you have A+ Rewards credits that have past their expiration date, those A+ credits will not be re-deposited. Please allow up to 72 hours for this process. If you believe your account is not current or have any other questions, please call the A+ Help Desk at or send an e-mail.

But I've never heard of this before. Can anyone confirm that they canceled a flight, and all the A+ credits were redeposited back? And for free or for $75?
Good find. Since no fee is mentioned it certainly should be free. Why not call up and see?
Old Jan 17, 13, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Wow. Thanks so much.
Old Jan 22, 13, 5:30 am

Redeeming A+ Credits

I canceled a reward flight and received my credits but the taxes were not refunded to my cc. A few weeks later I contacted them and they said that the taxes were credited to my account for future use but they will do a one time courtesy and put it back on my cc. I was under the impression that they would always put it back on your cc but I didn't question them further since I got what I wanted.

Search this Thread