Wiki Posts
Search

Another Reason I LOVE Airtran

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A+ Elite, Marriott Gold
Another Reason I LOVE Airtran

I had a one way from FLL to BWI on Saturday with my confirmed flight changing in ATL, leaving at 7:40am. There was a direct flight to BWI in the next gate that left at 8:00am. I was going to standby on the direct(which was showing all seats sold) but I could not miss my flight and take a chance on not getting on standby.
I explained this to the GA and she was sympathetic but couldn't do much so I took my elite BC upgrade and boarded, resigned to the change in ATL but at least it would be BC. After the plane was almost fully boarded, a GA comes onto the plane and says, "Mr Dasher, please come with me, we put you on the direct flight". I looked up at him and said, "really?, BC??" he says yes.
So after I was already on the plane and out of the GA's concern, they did something above and beyond which they did not have to do at all to help me out. I LOVE Airtran and will truly miss them when they really disappear. I was really impressed.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
The PBI Airtran operation is first class . It looks like the Airtran nearby FLL operation has some gems among their employees too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.