Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
can i get PM for the link
Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by nsx
PMs sent.
NSX..are you our de facto moderator?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by henryf
NSX..are you our de facto moderator?
Nope. I have no moderation capability in this forum. The rare cases when thread merges, spam deletion, and such are needed are handled by one of FT's Super Moderators, who have FT-wide capabilities. That's a bigger job than I'd want to take on. I would be willing to help here, but this forum doesn't show any sign of needing a dedicated moderator. So I'll just help out when I have something useful to contribute.

As we discussed 18 months ago, this forum will remain separate. The recent announcement that Southwest will begin joint operations in 2013 doesn't change this plan.

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by nsx
PMs sent.
nsx, can you pm me too??
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:46 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
So, just to add an interesting data point to this discussion... I met the spend on this and should have had 34 credits deposited into my A+ account (32 for the promo plus 2 more for the spend). Like some people, something odd happened -- only I had the 34 credits deposited not TWICE but THREE times. All at the same time on the same day. For a total of 102 credits. I already had 2 A+ credits from some survey back in July -- so I had 104 credits total in my A+ account.

I actually hadn't seen any threads about it yet, so I didn't realize this was happening to others. And, being brand new to A+ Rewards, I wasn't even sure it was a mistake at first -- I thought it was just something I was misunderstanding about how the credits worked.

In any case, I use Southwest primarily, so I transferred 56 of the credits to Southwest -- which created 6 standard (one-way) Southwest Awards plus 8 credits left over hanging. This left 48 credits left in my A+ account.

A few days later, my A+ balance dropped to 0. The 48 credits had vanished -- with no record of them -- nor any record of my transfers to Southwest from the AirTran side of things.

As of now, my Southwest awards and the 8 leftover credits still remain in my SW account. So, I'm thinking I might have gotten lucky with some bonus credits (although, now they expire in a year instead of two like they would have if they remained in my A+ account).

Now I'd be all set if it wasn't so difficult for me to find a reward flight on Southwest OR AirTran for where I want to go. The new SW points-based program is so much better -- no worries about blackout dates and such.

- John...
Old Dec 26, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Looking for a PM of the offer link too. Please and thanks...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Can I get a PM of the link? Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
PMs sent.
Please send the PM to me.
Thank you,
G.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Oy....at this point we have nearly three pages of "send me the PM too". Do none of you have outgoing PM capabilities?! Show some initiative, PM nsx and politely ask for the link. There's no need to continually bump this thread with these requests.

nsx, perhaps you should just post the link here so that we don't continue to drag this thread out with nonsensical requests for you to PM the link to every newbie who signs up to FT?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Applied and got instant approval.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:29 am

I got targeted for the offer as well. Have a month to reply.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:13 pm

What would happen if when you received your excess credits you went ahead and used them all to book flights? Possibly not ticketing?

Originally Posted by jgoggan
So, just to add an interesting data point to this discussion... I met the spend on this and should have had 34 credits deposited into my A+ account (32 for the promo plus 2 more for the spend). Like some people, something odd happened -- only I had the 34 credits deposited not TWICE but THREE times. All at the same time on the same day. For a total of 102 credits. I already had 2 A+ credits from some survey back in July -- so I had 104 credits total in my A+ account.

I actually hadn't seen any threads about it yet, so I didn't realize this was happening to others. And, being brand new to A+ Rewards, I wasn't even sure it was a mistake at first -- I thought it was just something I was misunderstanding about how the credits worked.

In any case, I use Southwest primarily, so I transferred 56 of the credits to Southwest -- which created 6 standard (one-way) Southwest Awards plus 8 credits left over hanging. This left 48 credits left in my A+ account.

A few days later, my A+ balance dropped to 0. The 48 credits had vanished -- with no record of them -- nor any record of my transfers to Southwest from the AirTran side of things.

As of now, my Southwest awards and the 8 leftover credits still remain in my SW account. So, I'm thinking I might have gotten lucky with some bonus credits (although, now they expire in a year instead of two like they would have if they remained in my A+ account).

Now I'd be all set if it wasn't so difficult for me to find a reward flight on Southwest OR AirTran for where I want to go. The new SW points-based program is so much better -- no worries about blackout dates and such.

- John...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:42 am

If you have the airtran visa, and you transfer southwest credits to A+, does the expiration date automatically become 2 years instead of 1?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:57 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Originally Posted by LowRoller
What would happen if when you received your excess credits you went ahead and used them all to book flights? Possibly not ticketing?
My guess is that they would have stayed and worked fine. Again, I spent/transferred about 70% of mine -- and they took only what was left.

- John...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan
My guess is that they would have stayed and worked fine. Again, I spent/transferred about 70% of mine -- and they took only what was left.

- John...
That would be my guess too, once they are out of the airtran account they're history. I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.