Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

SFO - CUN Available in Sept/Nov, not Oct?

Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client

I have a credit I'm trying to use in October to get to Cancun. I've been checking the last few months and although there are flights in Sept and Nov, there is nothing in October for SFO-CUN. This to me is very odd, but I don't know AT well.

Even more strange is briefly after the schedule update on 6/4 I found SFO-SNA-CUN on 10/28, (for $218 ow) but it was gone within two days. Calls to AT have revealed no information about whether it will come back back or why it was available in the first place. $218 SFO-CUN was advertised in the email for the schedule change as well.

I did get an extension until 7/10 to use my credit. Currently I can book LAX-ATL-CUN but I'll have to get myself to LAX. Anyone have insight or a guess on the chances SFO-CUN will somehow reappear?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
Send me a PM to remind me, I can take a look at this for you tomorrow.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
It looks like the redeyes from SFO-ATL and MKE go away at the end of Sept and eliminate connections.

They may have jumped the gun on SNA-CUN... I don't see it listed anytime in the near future.

Though I did find SFO-SNA-SJD if Cabo San Lucas would do?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:41 am

Programs: I fly for free.
They may have jumped the gun on SNA-CUN... I don't see it listed anytime in the near future.
SNA-CUN was never loaded...and its about as likely as SNA-ORD right now..
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Thanks, guys. I gave up on this route and booked one of the new non-stops form AUS - CUN for $186 OW. Found a cheap SJC - AUS flight on SW to get me there. Not an ideal solution but I'll be more rested than the red eye out of LAX (or SFO if it re-appeared)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:20 pm

The ATL redeyes from SFO are back for November...looks like everyday except Saturday.

Don't know what else is going on

Originally Posted by traveller001
It looks like the redeyes from SFO-ATL and MKE go away at the end of Sept and eliminate connections.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.