Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class UG with A+ Credits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by dk240t
Is that still accurate that Elites can use credits to upgrade at 48hrs? I don't see it anywhere on the website. Anyone have recent experience doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Yes T-48 still exists for Elites.

And for the OP anytime after midnight is correct though to be exact anytime after midnight *Eastern time* might give you an hour or two extra jump if your location is further West. ^
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Awesome. Will be using credits to upgrade an upcoming ATL-LAS trip.

Now the question, do I want to stay up/get up at midnight to call them, or just wait 6 hours till morning.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: A+ Elite, Hilton Gold, OA and hotels, member
Awesome. Will be using credits to upgrade an upcoming ATL-LAS trip.

Now the question, do I want to stay up/get up at midnight to call them, or just wait 6 hours till morning.
I might be OCD about this, but it's a pretty popular flight for upgrades, so calling at midnight might be advisable. However, having Elite, you'd probably have no worries the next morning either. I'd maybe look at the seat map that evening and if BC is wide open, wait, and if more than a couple seats are booked, then stay up and watch Letterman.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:51 am

That is kind of what I was thinking - if I get nervous about it based on the seatmap, I'll stay up.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 pm

That is kind of what I was thinking - if I get nervous about it based on the seatmap, I'll stay up.
Keep in mind ATL-LAS can have a large number of inbound connections which could call in at T-48 (Elites), or after midnight (A+) up to say two hours prior to you based on their origin depart time. Things can change fast.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by traveller001
Keep in mind ATL-LAS can have a large number of inbound connections which could call in at T-48 (Elites), or after midnight (A+) up to say two hours prior to you based on their origin depart time. Things can change fast.
Is it T-48 for elites or midnight 2 days before?

T-48, I'll definitely be awake. Midnight 2 days before, no elites are going to be able to get a jump on me except by calling in at midnight - it is an evening flight, nobody connecting is going to start their itinerary a calendar day earlier.

Things can change fast, but not for those reasons you gave as far as I understand.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:42 pm

Is it T-48 for elites or midnight 2 days before?

T-48, I'll definitely be awake. Midnight 2 days before, no elites are going to be able to get a jump on me except by calling in at midnight - it is an evening flight, nobody connecting is going to start their itinerary a calendar day earlier.

Things can change fast, but not for those reasons you gave as far as I understand.
T-48 for Elites means just that.

Evening ATL-LAS will indeed have a large number of inbound connections. With their UG options based on their first flight departure time.

Not to mention last minute BC bookings paid or for credits (often BC is the only last minute A+ option)

LAS-ATL will be a fairer game. (SJC could be the only connect possible)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:57 am

The flight in question is tomorrow at 10:25pm. I put it in my calendar to alert me to call in yesterday at 10:30, but at 10:00pm, I decided I was tired and wanted to go to bed and didn't care enough to call in at 10:30.

I called in this morning at 7AM, got my upgrade with credits, 2F, the seat I wanted. No problems. Good gamble #1 here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.