Double A+ credits (merged)

Just got this email:

For a limited time, register and
fly to any AirTran destination to
receive double A+ Rewards
credits. Once you register, book
and take your flight by
November 7, 2011, you will
earn two A+ Rewards credits for each one-way flight. As an added bonus, book and fly in Business Class, and you'll receive three A+ Rewards credits.

Fine print:
Double A+ Rewards Credits Terms & Conditions: Tickets must be booked between September 15 and November 7, 2011, and flown between September 15 and November 7, 2011. Round-trip purchase is not required. Must be a member of A+ Rewards and registered for the promotion prior to departure. Only valid on A+ Rewards credit-earning flights and may not be combined with any other A+ Rewards promotions or offers. Bonus A+ credits do not count toward Elite status. The Business Class bonus does not count toward Elite status. If any portion of the trip falls outside the promotional period, bonus A+ credits will be received for only the portion within the promotional period. Please allow up to 3 weeks for bonus A+ credits to post to your A+ Rewards account. All terms and conditions of the A+ Rewards program apply. Retroactive A+ Rewards credits will not be granted. All rules pertaining to earning and renewing A+ Rewards Elite status apply and can be found here.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:39 pm

Double credits on AirTran

Promo runs 09/15/2011-11/07/2011.

http://tickets.airtran.com/LoginProm...ey=FALLDBL2011

You must register to receive bonus credits.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 3:53 pm

A year ago, this promotion would have really floated my boat and I would have racked up some serious A+ credits over the next couple months. But now, knowing what is happening to my favorite airline, I just don't see the point in thinking long term with them anymore.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Note the following:

1) You have to purchase your tickets between now and November 7th (flights booked prior to today will not get the bonus).

2) You have to book one-way tickets - round-trips do not qualify!

I mistakenly booked a round-trip LGA-CAK ($69.70 each way all-in) for a day-trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame; fortunately I carefully re-read the ToCs and cancelled my RT (without penalty as I cancelled well under 4 hours after to my initial booking). I re-booked as one-ways, so I should be good to go...

Last edited by HPN-HRL; Sep 19, 2011 at 4:44 pm Reason: original post implied time travel (changed prior to after)
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
2) You have to book one-way tickets - round-trips do not qualify!
Weird. Why are they encouraging one-way flights instead of round-trip? Am I missing something?

Just trying to make people to jump through hoops?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Weird. Why are they encouraging one-way flights instead of round-trip? Am I missing something?

Just trying to make people to jump through hoops?
I do not believe that the T&C state that only one-ways qualify.

Fly to any AirTran destination from September 15, 2011 through November 7, 2011 and earn double A+ Rewards credits for every one-way flight instead of the standard A+ credits. With this offer, you will earn two A+ credits for each one-way flight, which means you can earn a free* one-way reward flight after just 2 round trips!
Two round trips equal four one-ways,@2 credits per one-way=8 credits total, or one one-way reward flight.

The offer may not have been worded very clearly.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
I do not believe that the T&C state that only one-ways qualify.

Two round trips equal four one-ways,@2 credits per one-way=8 credits total, or one one-way reward flight.

The offer may not have been worded very clearly.
If you read further, under details, it says: One-way purchase is required.

Strange requirement, if true.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by RajonRondo

I think the key word is purchase, as opposed to traveling on a free ticket. Again, I believe the wording is not the best. It could have stated that a "minimum of a one-way purchase is required."

Perhaps, if enough customers question the offer, the language will be modified to clarify the T&C.

At the bottom of the sign-up page, it states " Round-trip purchase is not required." This appears to address that one can earn the bonus credit for even flying a one-way flight... that round-trip is not required. I believe this is also intended to exclude two or more flight segments, which comprise a one-way, from earning more than one bonus credit for the leg. Whew!

Last edited by mke9499; Sep 16, 2011 at 10:28 am
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by RajonRondo

It certainly is strange, but since it is right there in black and white I figured it would be silly to gamble on them allowing round-trip tickets to qualify.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:27 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
It certainly is strange, but since it is right there in black and white I figured it would be silly to gamble on them allowing round-trip tickets to qualify.
Here's the OFFICIAL response in writing from our friends at AirTran:

"Sorry for the confusion here, it was written in "Southwest-ese", it basically means roundtrip or one-way are eligible."
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
Promo runs 09/15/2011-11/07/2011.

http://tickets.airtran.com/LoginProm...ey=FALLDBL2011

You must register to receive bonus credits.
sounds like they are getting desperate
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA
maybe this is a dumb question--i just logged into airtran to check into a flight I've had booked for a month..and I noticed the promotion.

I have three previously-booked flights during the promo period...am I correct in my reading that these flights are not going to get me the double credits? If so, that's pretty lame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.